Corsair Community

Memory passes Memtest86+, but not Windows Memtest

Japan8

I've been struggling to find compatible RAM for my motherboard. The voltage on my motherboard isn't adjustable, so I am stuck with 1.8v. I've recently turned to my set of Corsair and have had the best results yet from them... I've managed to get them to pass Memtest86+ consistently. Until now almost all of them have failed test#7. However, I've found that while Windows does run fairly stable now, the PC fails Windows Memtest and Prime95 still.

Is this likely a bad memory controller? Bad processor? Or is this memory just not compatible? Would I have ben better off getting TWIN2X4096-6400C5DHX instead?

Any help that gets this finally working right would be greatly appreciated.

Oddly the Corsair memory I have is rated on the memory at 1.8v.

So was the ******** memory I tried before (not value memory).

Since I really don't game and have no plans to OC, I don't care all that much about getting value select instead. I just want DDR2800 memory (since the mobo is rated for DDR2800) that finally works stable.

So if value memory will really work AND is available in DDR2800 from any maker... could someone point me to it?

• Corsair Employees

I have not seen any in-house testing on the Zotac MOBOs. I would suggest that you try to test your memory and CPU in another known good MOBO.

In this case, ideally Derek T is correct. Performance type memory is not advised for this type of MOBO. Our Value Select line is the best choice.

Don't I wish I had a compatible motherboard for alternative memory and CPU testing! Nope... no friends to ask in the area I live either. Yes... it's a bummer.

While the voltage isn't adjustable...most of the memory timings, bus speed and NB voltage is.

Given the lack of in-house testing on this board, I suppose that is what it is... but DDR2667 memory is unacceptable if something is supposed to support DDR2800.

Given how Intel sticks to standards, I was thinking that perhaps since the DQ45EK has XMS2 DHX 4GB PC-6400 DDR2 listed as compatible and it is listed as 1.8v... maybe it would work. But maybe my problem is a bad memory controller. Reviews and articles have mentioned using DDR2800 from a different maker (but unforuntately didn't list a model)... Just saying that DDR2800 has been noted to work... I just don't know what make/model and the settings.

Might really be just the board is bad... and I've RMA'd one already... *sigh*

But thanks for your help anyway.

• Corsair Employees
Please let us know how it works out. Currently, Zotac is not a major selling brand that we have brought in for testing and validations. You may want to check with their tech support and see if they have any solutions and also make sure you have the most recent BIOS if you don't already.

Please let us know how it works out. Currently, Zotac is not a major selling brand that we have brought in for testing and validations. You may want to check with their tech support and see if they have any solutions and also make sure you have the most recent BIOS if you don't already.

Again, thanks for the help!

Yeah... I thought of the BIOS too and already tried that. I'll post here again if/when I get it to work...

You might want to keep an eye on Zotac. My mobo is MINI-ITX and until recently only a few places like Commel, VIA and JETWAY made boards in this form factor. Now that places like AOpen and partiuclar Intel have come on board it seems the SFF/SFX PC's are on the rise. Zotac stands out by supporting the 45nm Intel chips, offering a decent feature set and at prices less than half of the Intel brand competitor.

I know company's have limited resources and all, but my board is only $50 from Newegg...

Archived