Corsair Community

Discrepancy in specs for TWIN2X4096-6400C5DHX

martini1179

I've noticed a discrepancy in some of the specs for the TWIN2X4096-6400C5DHX. In the Corsair memory configurator results, this memory is listed at 5-5-5-18-2T 1.8v. But on the XMS Qualification and Testing post in these forums, its listed at 5-5-5-15 2T 1.9v.

Which specs do I use? I'm not going to be overclocking, I just want a stable system.

Also ... I'm new at fiddling with RAM. Can you tell me ALL the settings I'm going to have to adjust to ensure stability?

I'm using an ASUS P5Q Pro board, btw.

Some versions require 1.9v, that's all. Use the timings / voltage on the stick itself. As for 15 vs. 18, you won't notice the difference. As for ALL of the timings, they're on the label itself. Any other timings in the BIOS are more related to the mobo / cpu / memory controller than the memory itself.

Some versions require 1.9v, that's all. Use the timings / voltage on the stick itself. As for 15 vs. 18, you won't notice the difference. As for ALL of the timings, they're on the label itself. Any other timings in the BIOS are more related to the mobo / cpu / memory controller than the memory itself.

Ok I'm a little confused. Also I should have mentioned that I don't physically own this memory yet, but I'm picking it up in a few hours and so I don't know what you mean by "use the timings / voltage on the stick itself." I'm also concerned with not using the proper voltage. Will I need to use 1.8 or 1.9v?

Sorry for needing more detailed answers, but I'm a noob that just built his first system a month ago and will now be going onto his third set of memory in that time.

Sorry about that. Yes, the actual label on the actual stick of memory. You know, I don't think I even looked at my previous Corsair memory sticks for the sticker. I just knew that my very first sticks (also Corsair) were not compatible with the Mobo (chalk that one up to inexperience) and I wanted my next memory purchase to work w/o a problem with my picky board, and so I ended up just asking people on these forums instead of looking at the sticks.

Turns out that my second set was defective. I just got my third set tonight, and ran 2 full passes with MemTest86+ with no errors. This was accomplished by manually setting the timing to 5-5-5-18 and the voltage to 1.8v. Everything else was left on auto.

Thanks for the help.

Archived