Corsair Community

C4 DHX with C4 G?

DonB

Thanks RAM GUY. Since I run XP, adding a TWIN2X2048-6400C4DHX kit to my TWIN2X2048-6400C4 G probably won't help me much but with Newegg's promo code, free shipping and the fantastic Corsair rebate, I really should give it a try. If was any less expensive, you would be paying me to use it.

• Corsair Employees

Ideally, a 2 x 2GB kit is a better option so that you have less load on your memory controller and you have no possibility compatibility issues arising from mixing 2 different revisions of memory. If you have the ability to do so, if you buy the 2GB kit, make sure you get the same revision that matches your current memory.

Also, AN806 may give you some good info: http://www.corsairmemory.com/appnotes/default.aspx

Thanks for the link. Good info there.

I don't oc my computer and it's very stable with a huge fan that pulls a lot of air over the memory area. For the six bucks it will cost me, I'm gonna try the TWIN2X2048-6400C4DHX kit. Hopefully it will do okay with some bios tweaking. If it doesn't work out, it's not a big deal. I'll just have a spare set of memory.

It booted right up showing 3.25 GB of RAM. I'll beat on it and see how it does but it's looking good so far. I missed the boat on revision numbers. My old stuff is 2.1 and the new is 6.1. Heh, even if it didn't work, it was time to take this computer outside and give it a good blow job anyway

No problem using Corsair. Your products are always a favorite.

• 3 weeks later...
The new TWIN2X2048-6400C4DHX kit has been running with the older TWIN2X2048-6400C4 G for three weeks now without a hint of a problem. Consequently, I haven't bothered to open the bios setup, run memtest or really give it another thought. It just works. Thanks Corsair!

Archived