Corsair Community

New TX650 = Higher system temps

dOwnLoAd26

Hello everyone, i´m in the process of upgrading my computer and decided to start by buying a good psu for the future components, so i bought the tx650 and put it in my old-current pc meanwhile.

The unit shipped.... unboxed it, installed it,and the system turns on normally... but heres the question:

The temperatures of both my processor and my motherboard raised from 47C and 46C to 53C and 52C, accornding to my monitoring software, and now, the stock fan on my cpu is stupidly loud, as it goes as high as 4200RPM according to Everest Ultimate Edition by small periods with just light usage (instant messaging, browsing the web), and stays there at 4200RPM the whole time while doing intensive tasks

Now, the fan on the tx650 is just over my cpu heatsink, contrary to my old no-name brand psu that had the fan on the rear... Unlike the old one, I can`t hardly feel any air coming out from the psu on the back of the case... the fan on the tx650 is spinning, i dont know at what speed though

Is this normal or maybe something is wrong with the psu?

The fan on the TX650 spins slowly at idle, same as mine (and also my HX620). It's possible your previous PSU did make the air circulate faster in the case, even with the rear fan design. I don't know if you have the possibility to install some case fans, that could help.

• Corsair Employees
I would agree with JoeBob. The fan in our PSU will only speed up in order to keep itself cool. Its likely that the old PSU had a fan that may have been circulating the air in your case a little better. I would suspect that adding an extra case fan would drop your temperatures back to where they were.

Thanks for replying guys :):. I´ll put another fan on the case to see if it helps (it has place for one more fan, already has a 120mm rear exhaust fan, and a 80mm side window intake fan, and has place for another side window fan that would be pointing just over the processor`s heatsink).

I noticed that the case is considerably hotter where the psu is located than the rest of the case , so i turned off the pc and the "body" of the psu "feels" like it is at least the same temperature as the cpu heatsink... the system is working fine, no stability issues. Does the psu has an anti overheating system just in case?

I hope it is just that the case needs more airflow, coz i live in Costa Rica, and bought the tx650 from newegg through aeropost to ship it here... so if something is bad with the psu it would be a pain to make a RMA :(:

• Corsair Employees
The temperature of the PSU will vary depending on the hardware that you are using, along with many other factors. The good thing about the PSU is that it is rated to provide its full power output at temperatures up to 50 degrees Celsius. If the ambient temperature in your case were to get anywhere close to 50C, then you would have other components failing long before the PSU, so I would not worry about the PSU overheating.

Archived