Corsair Community

cross compatibility

brands01

• Corsair Employees
We never recommend mixing different revisions of memory, even if it is the same base part #. If you can get the same revision, you should be able to run 4 modules although it may be at a reduced speed due to the load on the memory controller. Ideally, a 2 x 2GB kit is the best option for your system.

OK, I'll take it from your response that I shouldn't us 2 base types of memory, and i get the idea about different revisions and 2 modules instead of 4, but I still want to know , given that I have your Twinx EPP modules installed, would I not be better off w/ 2 more 1-gig EPP modules, rather than replacing w/ 2 2-gig modules?

OK, I'll take it from your response that I shouldn't us 2 base types of memory, and i get the idea about different revisions and 2 modules instead of 4, but I still want to know , given that I have your Twinx EPP modules installed, would I not be better off w/ 2 more 1-gig EPP modules, rather than replacing w/ 2 2-gig modules?

You lose EPP with more than 2 modules and you will have a far greater possibility of problems with > 2 modules. It is advised to drop the bandwidth with > 2 modules.

I advise you to go with 2 X 2048. With the current low price of DDR2, it is the far better choice.

Archived