Corsair Community

Help, Replaced RAM even more faulty?

Hi everyone in corsair land. I am new to this forum and its my last hope of having a crash free pc. I have 2 1GB sticks of which one is faulty. After checking with memtest fears were confirmed so I sent the stick to corsair in Europe in the hope I would get a good stick back. My postal tracking number showed the ram had been received by corsair but they took no action until I sent them about 10 emails. Then the best excuse they came up with is that the specific model is in high demand!!!! I don't know much about business but if something is in high demand you should increase your production. OK now I'll get to the main point -> THE REPLACEMENT SENT BY CORSAIR WAS FAULTY, FAULTY, FAULTY :eek:. How can a company replace a faulty product with another faulty product.

When I told them that the replacement was faulty they said make another case and will sort it out. I would like to ask anyone reading this why should I have to pay nearly the same amount as before in shipping costs to Europe when Corsair are the people who should deal with this. I live in the uk so shipping to Corsair Europe in the netherlands costs quite a bit. If I pay for shipping again then its the same amount as buying the ram brand new? I have the money but its the principle of good customer service. What should I do?

Thank you to anyone who read everything. :):

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry about the problems you have had but if you have sent the modules to us directly once then we will pay the shipping for any second RMA but you would have to have contacted our support service which is international, you say you contacted a Corsair Office in Europe but there is no end user support center in any part of the world except here in USA. What was your previous case number or the new case number for the returned parts and I will look into the case?

Hi, I have been in contact with corsair through its main website so I guess the end user support is from the states. My original RMA is 1079363. Funny I checked the RMA status now and even though corsair have shipped the replacement it still has not updated on the system.

• Corsair Employees
I have talked to Customer Service and asked them to contact you, but they told me that you did an RMA for only one module not for the set. And if that was a Twin2x set of modules they would need to both be replaced so they match.

wow this forum thing actually works. Just got a call from corsair support and they said they'll send a new replacement and pay for shipping. Things are starting to get better already. :):

To RAM GUY, I didn't actually expect to get any replies till tomorrow but to have feedback and a solution in literally 3 hours is awesome.

P.S, I'll keep everyone informed on progress

:laughing:SUCCESS, I received replacement RAM today,

:[pouts: Failure, Sadly only one ram stick works while other does not.

Corsair service turned out to be very quick and I got the replacement ram in 2 days but then same old story again. This time one stick works absolutely fine but other won't even boot up into the bios. I have the striker extreme so on the back it displays post bios messages. When I turn the computer 'ON' it hangs on the RAM check for some reason.

What should I do? Help?

P.S. I have tried changing the default auto setting for the power and manually changed it to 2.1V as corsair sent me xms2 6400C4's, They didn't have the 5400's so I thought this might be a good thing but my fortune was short lived.

I tested both as single sticks in slots 1,2,3,4 but only one of them works in slot 1 & 2

also when both are used in slot 1 & 3 or 2 & 4 I get annoying sound from motherboard. Its only when I use the assumed faulty one that this error occurs. Solutions like changing bios settings like power would be advisable but think about it if one stick works on normal auto settings why doesn't the other one.

All help and suggestions are appreciated

Sup everyone,

Just to give an update I still haven't received any new information except for a call last week that the replacement RAM has been sent. No info on tracking number or anything. Has corsair forgotten?

Help Ram Guy!!!!!!

Archived