Corsair Community

Asus Striker II Extreme with Corsair TWINX 4G 1333 C9DHX

TiNk2

Download CPU-z from

Download Memtest86+ V2.11 from--->

and extract the ISO image. Burn the ISO image to an CD-ROM disk. Shut the system down. Insert a single stick of DRAM in Slot 1 (Closest to the CPU) Shut your system down. Restart and enter your BIOS. Set to these values:

Extreme Tweaker 

CPU Level Up = Auto
Memory Level Up = Auto
CPU Multiplier = 8.5
FSB (QDR) Frequency = 1333 (333)
Mem (DDR) Frequency = 1333 (666)
LDT Frequency = 5x

Memory Timing Section 

P1 = Auto
P2 = Auto
tCL = 9
tRCD = 9
tRP = 9
tRAS = 24
Command Per Clock = 2T
tRRD = 15
tRC = 50
tWR = 12
tWTR = 22
tFAW = 50
tRD = Auto
tRTP = 9
tRFC = 72
tREF =7,8uS

Over Voltage

CPU Voltage = Auto
CPU PLL Voltage = 1.5v 
CPU VTT Voltage = 1.35
Memory Voltage + 1.80v
NB Core Voltage = 150v
SB Core Voltage = 1.50
Legacy USB = Disabled (For Memtest and Enabled After)

Run Memtest for two full passes. Shut down, remove the stick and insert the second stick in the third slot. Retest. Shut the system down insert one stick in the first slot and one stick in the third slot and retest.

What OS are you using and what specifically are you doing when the system freezes? Is it freezing in the POST or in the OS?

I'm using Win. XP 64bit version, the system freezes...when i was playing games or watching movies.

What do you meant by freezing in the post or in the os ?, sorry i don't understand :D

Download CPU-z from

Download Memtest86+ V2.11 from--->

and extract the ISO image. Burn the ISO image to an CD-ROM disk. Shut the system down. Insert a single stick of DRAM in Slot 1 (Closest to the CPU) Shut your system down. Restart and enter your BIOS. Set to these values:

Extreme Tweaker 

CPU Level Up = Auto
Memory Level Up = Auto
CPU Multiplier = 8.5
FSB (QDR) Frequency = 1333 (333)
Mem (DDR) Frequency = 1333 (666)
LDT Frequency = 5x

Memory Timing Section 

P1 = Auto
P2 = Auto
tCL = 9
tRCD = 9
tRP = 9
tRAS = 24
Command Per Clock = 2T
tRRD = 15
tRC = 50
tWR = 12
tWTR = 22
tFAW = 50
tRD = Auto
tRTP = 9
tRFC = 72
tREF =7,8uS

Over Voltage

CPU Voltage = Auto
CPU PLL Voltage = 1.5v 
CPU VTT Voltage = 1.35
Memory Voltage + 1.80v
NB Core Voltage = 150v
SB Core Voltage = 1.50
Legacy USB = Disabled (For Memtest and Enabled After)

Run Memtest for two full passes. Shut down, remove the stick and insert the second stick in the third slot. Retest. Shut the system down insert one stick in the first slot and one stick in the third slot and retest.

Thanks DerekT.

I already tried your suggestion, and there's no error at all. But when I insert both stick in slot 1 & slot 3 and I retest the memtest. The test show i only get 20%+ pass test, until test 8 and automatically start all over again from test 1. It's good or bad ?

Thanks DerekT.

I already tried your suggestion, and there's no error at all. But when I insert both stick in slot 1 & slot 3 and I retest the memtest. The test show i only get 20%+ pass test, until test 8 and automatically start all over again from test 1. It's good or bad ?

You have a memory controller issue. The memory controller is situated on the motherboard. Insert the sticks in slot 2 and 4 and retest. If it does the same thing or fails, then you need to RMA the motherboard.

You have a memory controller issue. The memory controller is situated on the motherboard. Insert the sticks in slot 2 and 4 and retest. If it does the same thing or fails, then you need to RMA the motherboard.

Ok...I'll try, if there's no error when i insert the ram in slot 2 and slot 4, what should i do ?, do i need to remove back to slot 1 and 3 respectively ? or just leave it in slot 2 and slot 4 ?.

DerekT, what the meaning of RMA the motherboard ?, :D

ps: sorry mate i always ask a lot of question, i'm still newbie :D

thanks man...

RMA is Return To Manufacturer for Warranty. If you are fine with slot 2 and 4 then you can either leave it there or RMA the board if you are still under warranty.

I would say that you will very likely have to RMA at any rate. I doubt that it will work, but sometimes the memory controller is damaged at the used slots, being 1 and 3.

Ok...I'll try, if there's no error when i insert the ram in slot 2 and slot 4, what should i do ?, do i need to remove back to slot 1 and 3 respectively ? or just leave it in slot 2 and slot 4 ?.

DerekT, what the meaning of RMA the motherboard ?, :D

ps: sorry mate i always ask a lot of question, i'm still newbie :D

thanks man...

Archived