Corsair Community

PCI-e Pin won't fit into VGA

Hapless

My GFX card takes two PCI-e connections to power it, and while the cables for both of the PCI-e connections are long enough to reach, neither of them fit into either of the slots. In other words if I try to plug in one of cables into either of the sockets on the GFX card, the plug won't fit all the way in.

The GFX card came with one converter that converts one PCI-e into two 4 pin peripherals. (I'd like to note that the converter does fit into the slot.) However that only fixes half the problem since I still need power for the other socket.

Am I using the wrong pin from my PSU? Is it my GFX card, or is the PSU?

EDIT: *Correction* Both connections are 6-pin PCI-E

• Corsair Employees
The pins of the PCI-E from the power supply look like they are in slightly misplaced, a few of them are in the corners of their respective cases.

I won't be able to tell you for sure if there is a problem unless you can post a picture of the cables, but if it looks like something is not right, then lets replace the PSU. You may also want to compare the pins inside the PCIE connector to the pins inside your 8-pin CPU connector or the 24-pin connector, they should look similar.

If you decide to have us replace the unit for you then please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

I just wanted to give an update.

I found a deal for a TX750 ($10 less then I payed for my TX650), and I have it set up now with everything working fine. Video card powered fine.

I doubt you get much gratitude, so I just wanted to say thank you again.

• Corsair Employees
I just wanted to give an update.

I found a deal for a TX750 ($10 less then I payed for my TX650), and I have it set up now with everything working fine. Video card powered fine.

I doubt you get much gratitude, so I just wanted to say thank you again.

Thank you very much for the feedback, we do enjoy hearing from satisfied customers. Also, hopefully the reduced price and larger PSU will compensate for the trouble and shipping of an RMA :sunglasse

Archived