Corsair Community

TWIN2X4096-6400C4DHX G on Asus P5KC

vietNow

I just bought these TWIN2X4098-6400C4DHX G memories and my system won't boot at all. It won't even get to the post screen, because my monitor says that it cannot detect my video card. I also have 2 elixir memories with 2X1 gb. Now to the fun part: if i insert the 2 new memories, my system does what i've explained earlier. If i insert my old memories along with my new ones, the system hangs at the post screen. I've tried flashing my bios up to P5KC BIOS 1203 which is the latest version on the Asus website. I have tried to set the voltage to 2.1, and the frequency to 800mhz, it did the same things. I have tried the memories in other computers, they seem to do the same things. I have also tried setting the timing and running with one stick at a time. So i ran out of ideas. Could you help me?

My system specs are:

Asus P5KC mobo

Intel Q6600

Thermaltake TR2-500 Power Supply

Asus Radeon 2600 HD 512mb DDR2

2X1gb Elixir 800mhz memory

Windows Cista Ultimate 64bit

• Corsair Employee
Before trying to mix the memory together, lets make sure that you do not have a failing memory module. I would recommend that you reset the BIOS via the CLRTC jumper on the motherboard (do this with a single Corsair memory module installed in the slot closest to the CPU), enter the BIOS, load setup defaults and then set your memory voltage to 2.1 volts and exit the BIOS saving changes. Swap the modules after you test the first one and see if you can isolate a single memory module which may be causing problems. If both modules seem to work properly individually then I would test a single memory module in each slot on the board to rule out a failing DIMM slot. Let us know your results!

Hi! i just cleared my cmos with the jumper again using the p5kc motherboard guide and the thing is that no matter what i do my monitor won't even turn on. Not with any of the corsair modules inserted, in any ddr2 slot. So i would gladly set the bios, but i can't get to that. I forgot to mention that the computer seems to do the exact same things if i have no memory installed. So I've inserted my old modules again, and they are working. Does this mean I've got two bad modules?

Hi! I just went to the resellers shop, the modules were tested there and didn't work. Seems that none of the 2 modules was working. Strange. So they gave me new ones, but it's not CL4. It's a TWIN2X4096-6400C5DHX, with 5-5-5-18 timing and 1.8v and it works great along with my old elixir modules. So thanx for the help and everything RAM GUY! :D:

Archived