Corsair Community

Please help, my mobo is picky

dem0nter

Hello, I've bought a motherboard so I could use up some of the bits and ends I have. The problem is that it doesn't work with the power supply I find perfect for handling all the devices I want to work. The board will however work with a weaker power supply, but that's not the case. Another computer that I have with the same type of power supply is beginning to act like a motorboat.

To mods/admins: You don't need to know what is my spec, because it doesn't matter in this case.

The board that I'm having a problem with is Abit AX8. According to some stamps on it, this is v2.0. I'm trying to make this board run with 1 SATA HDD, 2 ATA optical devices (1x DVD-ROM, 1x CD-RW), GeForce 8800 GTS (320MB), 1 GB RAM, 4 additional USB ports, onboard gigabit card activated and SoundBlaster Vibra 128 for PCI.

I've been told by Abit help desk that Corsair makes PSUs that would work with this board, so I've came here. I know that Corsair has a very good reputation, so I hope I've came to the right place ;)

The PSU I'm interested with is Corsair's VX450W. Will it work with my motherboard? I need a clear and undoubtable answer.

Thank you for reading, I hope for a good response.

Kind regards,

dem0nter

Yes, I did. That's where I got my PSU preference from.

I've done some research and I've found that AX8 (revision 1.0) is ATX 2.03. I have AX8 rev. 2.0, I will soon get to know what ATX is that.

Still, would ATX 2.2 compatible PSU (the one I've mentioned before) work with 2.03?

Archived