Corsair Community

TWIN2X2048-9136C5D Suspected failing stick

keadiin

Hi,

After a few blue screens and system lockups while playing COH and CIV4 I have downloaded MemTest86+ V2.11 and one stick is showing failures on tests 5,6 and 7. Memtest has been run several times and the fault occurs intermittently.

To run through the steps that have been done:

Bios reset to defaults

Each stick has been tested seperately in slot 0

One stick of memory tested at a time (intermittent failure on one stick)

Bios set to use EPP Enabled

Each stick has been tested seperately in slot 0

One stick of memory tested at a time (intermittent failure on the same stick)

(Settings for EPP as shown here)

Testing parameters for Twinx/XMS2-9136C5D:

http://www.corsair.com/_datasheets/TWIN2X2048-9136C5D.pdf

Motherboard make and model: EVGA 680I SLI Only!

Each pair is tested and packaged together using the following settings:

Advanced Chipset Features

FSB & Memory Config: Disabled

SLI Ready Memory: CPUOC Max

Memory Timings: Optimal

EPP Enabled yeilds these settings:

Memory Frequency: 1142 MHz

DDR2 Voltage control: 2.10V

SDRAM CAS Latency: 5T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 5T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 5T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 15T

SDRAM Write Recovery Time: 5

I have also attached shots of the errors, memory timiing settings and voltages in case this is useful. Unfortunatly I do not have another machine I can try the memory in so any other suggestions would be great, if you want further testing done.

If, as I suspect the memory is faulty, what would be a replacement part for the TWIN2X2048-9136C5D as it doesnt appear to a current product? Closest listed on your website, according to part number would be TWIN2X4096-9136C5DF which is a 4GB kit. Can you advise accordingly please - I'd like to upgrade to 4GB eventually (although XP Pro 32 will not use of of it)

I am going to contact the retailer http://www.novatech.co.uk/ tommorrow to see if they will exchange the memory - but this is unlikely as it is over a year, although as a reseller they may be happy to help.

Sorry for all the questions, but any help you can provide would be great

Many Thanks,

Keadiin

722766808_memorytimingsetting.thumb.jpg.0ea63e3b958dba8d02e4f2f8a10752c4.jpg

1923121143_memtesterrors.thumb.jpg.2dead385acc39cb8423d853cf8976bbc.jpg

671010935_voltagesettings.thumb.jpg.24711133705aec113045e70ce3b51568.jpg

510315276_FSBmemoryconfig.thumb.jpg.f916bed9a799d214d1dba8c53a03e370.jpg

I have called the retailer and they are happy to return the RAM on my behalf, but they have also quoted a 30 day turn around time. This would be a long time without a working machine!

I suggested that if I was able to get a replacement part identified and a RMA from Corsair would they be happy to exchange the faulty part from their stock and they have advised if I was able to be an RMA reference from youselves, they would call you and see what options were available to replace or refund the faulty part (allowing me to purchase the replacement part kit you identified)

Please can you respond, I am assuming you must have a distribution hub either in the UK - but would be suprised if turn around was 30 days.

• Corsair Employees
Let's get them replaced, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.” Once you submit the request you should receive an approved RMA number within 24 hours. If after 24 hours you have not received the RMA number, please post your case number here, and I will make sure we get it approved ASAP!

Archived