Corsair Community

K8T Neo-FIS2R & Corsair X256A-3200LLPT

Killdare

I'm running an Athlon64 3200+ CPU on a K8T Neo-FIS2R with 512MB of ram in the form of two sticks of Corsair X256A-3200LLPT RAM in slots 1 & 2. I've got the latest (1.4) BIOS. The system has been stable & problem-free but I'm now looking to increase my memory. An extra stick of Corsair X256A-3200LLPT would fit my budget nicely, but is there any chance of getting a stable system with all three memory slots occupied? If there is, what settings should I use? If not, what would be the best route to increased memory? Any help greatly appreciated

• Corsair Employees
You might get 3-256 Meg modules to run. However, I would suggest that you consider finding another use for what you have and just getting one Twinx1024-3200LL instead. Because with more than 2 modules you may have to run the system at DDR333, in addition the benefit of 256 meg more may not make any difference, But 512 meg compared to 1.0 would be a noticeable difference. Just use slots 1-3 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and you should have a great system.

Archived