Corsair Community

Asus P6T Deluxe - TR3X6G1333C9

InnocentX

Hi,

I bought an Asus P6T Deluxe board in December, together with the Corsair TR3X6G1333C9 memory modules.

Since the beginning the system boots only once out of ten (approx.), apparently there are memory compatibility problems (according to the experiences on the Asus support forum).

I installed the latest BIOS, but it only gets worse (less boots than before).

Once Vista boots, the memory gets well recognised (6GB), so I guess there's no problem with the modules I use.

I already contacted Asus, but no clear answer yet. On the Asus board, there are other people, having the same problems as I have, with different memory

suppliers.

Are there other people out there who have the same board and memory, and can run their system without problems? Or similar experiences? Any solution?

Thanks.

I ran memtest 3 times, but couldn't find any errors.

However, I think I have one bad module.

I started with one module (A slot), nice boot.

I added the second module (B slot), no boot.

I added the third module (C slot), no boot.

I removed the third module (C slot), still no boot.

I removed also the second module (B slot) and put the third which I removed from the C slot on the B slot. A fine boot.

I rebooted Vista 3 times, and 3 times a complete boot, no problems at all.

I put back the original second module: no boot anymore.

Is it possible that modules are broken, without memtest to find any errors?

It's not simply no video, nothing happens, it seems like only the fans in my case work.

I started with two modules (1 good, 1 bad): no errors in memtest.

Then I added all three (2 good, 1 bad): no errors in memtest.

How can you have all three modules pass memtest and call one bad? If it passes memtest then the issue is external to the DRAM. Possibly a bad memory slot.

I found it strange that it only happens with one memory module.

only if I use that particular one in any slot, the system fails to boot.

if I leave it out, the system always boots without any problem.

Then how can you say you add all three and pass memtest. If you add all three and one fails to boot?

I started with two modules (1 good, 1 bad): no errors in memtest.

Then I added all three (2 good, 1 bad): no errors in memtest.

I'm sorry for the confusion.

I can boot if I retry between 5 and 10 times. :-(

That "retry" is only needed with that particular stick.

if I succeed to boot with 3 sticks, I get an "overclocking failed" message on my screen, although everything is on AUTO in the BIOS.

I never get this with the two other sticks.

I'll run memtest once again this evening for a few more passes. Maybe something turns up...

Thanks a lot for your help.

PS: this issue is reported by a lot of people on the ASUS P6T deluxe board as well, not only with Corsair memory. It's just strange that it only happens with that stick.

Thanks, now I understand. Does the retry happen with different slots and that particular stick, tested alone?

I've never heard of such a thing before. I frequent the ASUS boards, is this issue being posted there on the P6T Deluxe board forum?

I agree with Wired, at the very least, an RMA will ensure an isolation. If the issue repeats with the new DRAM, then you can be sure the issue is the board.

I'm sorry for the confusion.

I can boot if I retry between 5 and 10 times. :-(

That "retry" is only needed with that particular stick.

if I succeed to boot with 3 sticks, I get an "overclocking failed" message on my screen, although everything is on AUTO in the BIOS.

I never get this with the two other sticks.

I'll run memtest once again this evening for a few more passes. Maybe something turns up...

Thanks a lot for your help.

PS: this issue is reported by a lot of people on the ASUS P6T deluxe board as well, not only with Corsair memory. It's just strange that it only happens with that stick.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived