Corsair Community

2 pairs of TWIN2X2048-8500C5D

Jonell

Hello!

i just received my corsair dominators from newegg..

i bought 2 packs (2 pcs 1gb Corsair Dominators for each pack)

i then plug it into my motherboard, booted up and i check the system configuration and it sees 4gb of RAM..

few hours after while on my game, it suddenly gives me a blue screen and says BAD-POOL.... i restarted again and it never booted up..

i did some troubleshooting, i unplugged all modules and insert one memory at a time and try to boot up to see if its working, i also did try to shuffle it on my memory slots, until i found that one of my dominators is not working..

currently, only 3 1gb dominators are plugged into my mother board and running..

i would like to know if this dominator (the one that is not working) is defective? or is there some other way to tweak the configurations to make it running again?

If 3/4 run on the settings just fine in the same slot, and the other doesn't, then the stick's probably bad. This is of course assuming you're testing them at the speed / timings / voltage on the label.

Why did you get 2 pairs of TWIN2X2048-8500C5D instead of ONE pair of TWIN2X4096-8500C5D? The former isn't guaranteed to run at full speed (e.g. 2 pairs that weren't tested nor packaged together), whereas the latter is.

Archived