Corsair Community

Problem with Corsair Flash Voyager 8GB

joeey

Problem is, I am kind of new to this stuff. I've installed true crypt but am not sure whether this is effecting the "write protect" problem which I am dealing with right now. I cannot add files such as my work or a file to update my BIOS on the USB disk. I've did some search regards to write protect, but I just want to know whether the problem relates with true encrypt? Now I cannot completely use the USB drive because it has the write protection thing, and tried to format it. Please how do I go about this situation? I need to update my BIOS as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Corsair has nothing to do with TrueCrypt. All support of their software should go through their site. If you are unable to format the drive in multiple computers, then I would advise you to RMA the drive through Corsair's website: Tech Support Express. Note that Corsair does not do data recovery, so you would lose all data on the drive.

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks, I will sent a RMA form. I've tried on multiple computers, because I have 3 desktops, all do not work.

I don't have a case number? Do I need RAM guys approval, I am bit confused with the form. Sorry.

And also why did my USB became write protected?

When you fill out the form there's a case # at the top. You do not need RG's approval to fill out that form, as it doesn't automatically give you an RMA # or anything. The "already spoken to RG" part is just so the rep at the other end doesn't spend time troubleshooting when it's already been done. A Corsair rep has to approve the RMA during business hours.

Archived