Corsair Community

Is my TX750w dead?

Forsakenfire

I just bought a new computer and I have it all plugged in(including the PSU cords). I throw the switch and nothing but a short power up (lasting less than to about 1.5 seconds) each time I try. I've been waiting months for this computer and now that I have it and it doesn't work, so I am sorta upset.

Sounds like the motherboard isn't getting enough power(If it turns on for a sec or two and then turns off). Did you plug in both power connectors to the motherboard? Depending on the motherboard, there should be a 20 or a 24 pin connector and at least one more, it's usually a 4 pin connector, but it may also be an 8 pin connector. A friends had a similar problem and didn't plug in the 4pin, just the 24 pin connector. He didn't know where the 4 pin was since the psu has 4+4 connector.

I have the 24 pin and the 8 pin connected in. I tried the paper clip trick and it works, so I am guessing it's a motherboard problem(got a second opinion from a friend and he agreed). I am sending it back to newegg for a replacement or possibly a different motherboard. I think the 24 pin slot wasn't working, cause if I shook the 24 pin connector from the PSU, the power would go on and off.

The motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813186148

I thought I'd add to this thread:

I bought a Corsair TX750W from NCIX.com on Jan 08, 2009 and almost the exact same issue happened with me. The unit starts up very briefly then shuts down. The only difference is paper clip trick produced the same results: short start up then shut down.

I sent in an RMA request which was received on 1/14/2009 1:43:24 AM, but am still waiting for a reply.

I depend on my rig for work, so any help would be much appreciated :):

Edit:

RMA confirmation received... I'm shipping 'er back. Thanks, guys!

Archived