Corsair Community

Packaging

dolshina

I just received a shipment from Newegg containing all the parts I ordered to build my computer. The Corsair ram I ordered is listed on their website as follows;

CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 15000) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

Notice it says RETAIL....what I received was a plain white box with no markings what-so-ever from Corsair, only a seal across the opening that says Quantity 1 and the Corsair part number. Inside, each ram stick is in a clear plastic snap open package with absolutley no markings and the fan assy. is in a plain white box, also with no makings of any kind. The box contains no warrentee card, installation instructions, not a single piece of paper.

I'm concerned because this appears to be O.E.M. and not retail. I don't need instructions to install the modules, however it seems I should have a warrentee card should I have any problem with the product. How would I even go about registering the product with any warrentee card?

I would very much like to know if this is the way Corsair packages it's Dominator Ram for retail sale, or is this O.E.M. in which case I may have paid too much. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

There is no warranty card, nor is there a registration process. All you need is your receipt, and that's not even normally needed for the RMA process, but they do reserve the right to ask for it if needed. All you'd normally find in retail packaging is just pretty advertising, and yes, maybe installation instructions, but they only fit the memory slot in one way :)

Wired.....tnx for the reply. I agree with all you say. I was just wondering if anyone has in fact purchased the same ram as I have and what kind of packaging their's came in. I have no problem with O.E.M. I'm just trying to find out if that is what I was sent rather than the retail as advertised. One way or another I can't complain because I called Newegg and was told that she couldn't tell if I was sent OEM or retail, but was going to credit me with $20 in the event it was O.E.M. So, with the sale and credit I paid $179.00 for the 3 sticks and the cooler/fan assy. That's not bad.

Thanks again!

To DevAdv,

Yes, you have the correct product, and if you'll read the post above for "Wired" you'll see that I did contact Newegg.

I stopped by a local CompUSA store yesterday to look at a retail package for this same memory. They told me they don't stock it because of the cost. It's only available on-line. Sooooo, I still haven't been able to see what the retail package looks like. I am certain that I was sent O.E.M. There is no way that Corsair would market thier top of the line memory in a plain white box. However, it's just not that important. Given the $20 credit from Newegg and the rebate, I paid a very reasonable price. As long as it works with no issues I'll be happy. I expect the balance of my parts to arrive tomorrow 1/5, and then I can start to build this thing.

Wish me luck, ha!

Archived