Corsair Community

fan rattles

bradmtsu

Hi RAM GUY,

I recently installed a HX1000 and the fan rattles. I have confirmed that it is the fan by stopping the fan with a non-conductive piece of plastic. The rattle seems to be getting louder day by day.

I'd like to RMA the PSU, but I can't afford for the computer to be down while waiting for the new PSU (the computer runs my parent's business). Is there a way that I can get a new HX1000 shipped to me and then I can send you the faulty one?

Thank you and happy new year.

Brad

• Corsair Employees

I would check and see if you can fix the rattling by loosening/tightening the four fan screws on the bottom of the unit about a 1/4 turn. If the rattling remains then lets get the unit replaced! Please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

Once you have the RMA number, you can contact our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0", (510) 657-8747 or email rmaservice@corsairmemory.com to see what options may be available for your RMA.

Hi Ramguy,

Thank you for the reply. Initially, I adjusted the fan grill screws without success. I am pressed for time to fix this, therefore I placed an order for a new unit and RMA'd the defective one to Newegg.

Thank you again.

Archived