Corsair Community

speed issues

Gekkomon

I bought a 32gb voyager flash drive a day or 2 ago and when i went to transfer a file it only got a 188kbps transfer rate instead of around 8-9mbps it should get.

After I saw that i tried my 512mb Memorex travel drive and it got 2mbps transfer rate. So i thought it was the flash drive that was bad so I tried it in my friends laptop and it got the 8-9mbps transfer rate I was looking for and I cant figure out why its having transfer problems. Which Leads to my Question, Why am I getting transfer rate problems with this flash drive, And how much bandwidth does this flash drive use because I have a headset which uses 60-80% of my usb bandwidth?

Read | Write | RRead | RWrite | Drive

24357 | 6680 | 30188 | 348 | O:\100MB

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k197/Spartan0mega117/SLOW-1.jpg

I already have tried that software and it dident work.

and what do you mean by "But the performance is about normal for that drive maybe a bit low. " its normal should be 8-9mbps like it does on my friends computer not 200kbps like im getting.

I tried a random test of removing files from it it got 30mbps and then i tried adding a smaller amount of files then and i got like 5mbps so i guess the shear amount of files did it.

but I still may have problems so I may be back

Archived