Corsair Community

Corsair CMPSU-620HX 620W ATX

nikeportugal

My PowerSupply is emitting a very annoying high pitch sound these days.

It has definately come on later into it's lifespan. Was not doing this from day one.

It has also started making some strange noises during gameplay and movie watching. (Basically 2d vs 3d)

It is a ticking sound. I liken it to an old school movie reel kind of sound.

Most annoying is definately the new constant high pitch squeeling coming out of it though.

I bought this powersupply for half a dozen builds because it is by far the most QUIET PS out there. So this is a rather bad turn of events for me. I'm very sensitive to annoying computer sounds.

Should I get it replaced? Aside from these annoying developments it seems to be functioning as normal. But for me, developing these new noises is completely unacceptable.

Many Thanks,

Ricardo

• Corsair Employees
I would suggest testing the PSU in a different system just to be certain that the sound is not being caused by any other components. If it looks like its the PSU, then let's get it replaced. Please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

Archived