Corsair Community

TWIN2X2048-8500C5D On Asus P5N-T Deluxe

Etendora

Hi!

I got a new computer for christmas. ^^

At first both of the dominator worked fine, but after i set up my second graphic card, computer didn't boot anymore. (Unable to access BIOS, black screen, mouse didn't light on)

After some tests, it appears now :

The computer boots and work perfectly with one dominator (Specific)

If i put the other dominator (That one only), alone or with the first, computer doesn't boot either. :(

Could it be already dead?

Thank you for helping me. ;)

(And sorry for my English)

The only memory Corsair supports in a four DRAM slot population is their Quad kits. This does not mean two dual kits or even worse two dual kits of different versions will not work together, just that you have no recourse to RMA Corsair if they do not work together. If there are problems with the DRAM modules, they are still supported via lifetime warranty, but that is for physical defects and errors in a two stick kit mode. Matched Quad sets are highly binned modules for a four slot population. The Dual sets are tested as a kit, not a Quad and warranted as a dual kit, not a Quad setup. You need to Memtest them as Kits (2 modules, not as a four DRAM slot population). If they fail as a kit or singly, then you have RMA. Keep in mind that there is no support for mixing and matching different versions of DRAM either since different version (integer versions ie. 1.xxx vs 2.xxx vs 3.xxx...) are of different fabrications and/or manufacturers. They might work, they might not work, but you have no support if they do not work.

You are advised to drop the bandwidth to 800Mhz (MEM (DDR) MHz = 800Mhz) and raise the Northbridge (NB CHIP Voltage = 1.35v).

Please research this thread:

http://www.houseofhelp.com/v3/showthread.php?t=64360&highlight=Unpredictable+results+QUAD2X4096+Gigabyte+X38-DS5

There is a limitation of the On Motherboard (Intel) memory controller or On CPU (AMD, Intel i7) and a population of all four banks at the full speed of a two bank run. This limitation is across the board with both AMD and Intel chipset based boards, DDR, DDR2 and DDR3.

Keep in mind that often issues can arise in the longer term even though you have shorter term stability. The issues seldom damage the DRAM unless you raise the DRAM voltage too high. They damage the on CPU (AMD) memory controller which has a harder time keeping up with the demands of a four DRAM slot population being run as fast as a two DRAM slot population.

Download Memtest86+ V2.11 from--->

and extract the ISO image. Burn the ISO image to an CD-ROM disk.

Download CPU-z from

Insert a single stick of DRAM in your board. Enter BIOS and set the DRAM to 667Mhz and the MCH voltage +.2v. Shut the system down, insert the other three sticks and boot to the memtest CD allowing for two full passes. If you pass, enter Windows and post a screenshot of your CPU-z CPU, Memory and SPD tabs. Please post all four of the SPD tabs, one for each module.

Hello!

I think i made a mistake in the title...

I don't own two kits. Only one kit of two modules of 1Gb each. ^^ (Only two sticks i mean)

And one is working perfectly fine, but with the other i can't even reach the bios. =/

I tested the first module with memest, never had an error, i put 2.1v, put it to 1066mhz and cas 5, still works perfectly fine.

But i can't boot with the other module... Even if i load optimized defaults and set the Memory Voltage to 2.1 volts and then set the timings BEFORE i put that module of course, since once it is on the motherboard, i can't reach the bios. =/

So i'm running the computer with the working one for now.

And i don't see how i am supposed to test the deficient one with memtest if it prevents my computer to boot. =/

Thank you.

Archived