Corsair Community

Power supply to a GeForce GTX 280 with a HX650W

justaguy11

I just purchased a XFX GeForce GTX 280 and when I went to install it, I noticed that it required both a 6 pin & a 8 pin connector. I only have a 6 pin connector...no 8 pins.

I tried to boot with just the 6 pin connected and no go. I'm rather new to this...how can I get the 8 pin connector?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry...it's a HX620W power supply

You can e-mail customer service and request an 8 pin cable or make the toll free call. I got my 8 pin cable a week after making the call, and then ended up deciding on a GTX 260 C216 that doesn't need it.

There is a sticky at the top of the forum that covers this.

• Corsair Employees
I just purchased a XFX GeForce GTX 280 and when I went to install it, I noticed that it required both a 6 pin & a 8 pin connector. I only have a 6 pin connector...no 8 pins.

I tried to boot with just the 6 pin connected and no go. I'm rather new to this...how can I get the 8 pin connector?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry...it's a HX620W power supply

When did you get your HX-620? Also, have you looked at the extra cables included with it? You should have an extra PC-e cable that has a 6+2 pin (aka 8 pin) connector on it. If not, as advised, use the sticky link to get a cable from customer service.

Archived