Corsair Community

Problem with Brand New USB Survivor Flash Drive (16gb)

Cognition_100

Hello,

I recently received a 16GB Survivor USB Flash drive as a Christmas gift but have found that I cannot copy files on to the drive.

My PC sees this device as a Removable Disk and always asks me to "insert a disk into drive F:"

Since I already have and the only button on the prompting dialog is the cancel button, I can go no further :[pouts:

I have tried this on my laptop too with the same result.

This feels like a hardware problem, but in case it isn't, is there anything else I'm supposed to get this drive to operate?

I am running XP Professional service pack 3 on both PCs

Thanks in advance for any help.

Seems like a common problem, see the thread below.

"Trouble with a 16GB Flash Voyager"

I have the same problem with a brand new 16GB Voyager and have requested an RMA for replacement but have not heard back yet from Customer Service.

Hopefully they will sort it out, as it seems like a nice flash drive (if it works) ;):

Ah! I see what you mean. The thread you have pointed me to describes my problem exactly. Interestingly it seems not to be limited to one product as this thread talks about Flash Voyager.

I will return it to corsair using the On Line RMA Request Form as RAM GUY suggests.

Thanks for your help.

I followed the link you provided. I have still not had any reply to my email I sent before New Year on this matter. Is there anything else you can advise???

Thanks in advance,

Michael.

Please find below the conversation so far...

Technical Support

Can you please describe the issues you are having? 12/31/2008 4:23:58 PM

You

Certainly,

When I p;ug the drive in, it recognises something has been plugged in, and shows us as 'removable disk' in my computer. However, if I try to access the drive in anyway, it says 'please insert disk into Drive E:'. It will not let me format it, and if I right click and check properties it says the drive is 0 bytes.

Is there anything I can do? 1/1/2009 5:21:36 AM

You

I am still waiting for a reply regarding this... Many Thanks,

Michael. 1/5/2009 7:58:22 AM

RamGuy, I have taken you advice and returned my faulty flash drive to the suggested returns address (in my case the Netherlands) but have not yet received any action regarding this.

I know the package was delivered on the 6th of Jan but the RMA Status for my case is saying that the parts have not been received!

Can I expect this to be resolved soon?

Thanks in advance,

Martyn

Archived