Corsair Community

Voyager 16GB RMA slow

fraschumi

Hello.

I've sent a Voyager 32GB because it was slow and you replaced it (RMA #758412).

You were very quick and kind and I thank you. Your help and support is very good.

Unfortunately the new flash memory you send me back is still very slow. I tested it with the HD Bench 3.40 beta6. I get about 20000 as read speed and 5000 as write speed.

I think it's not working at the right speed but I'm really tired about sending it back to you even if you'll raplace it quickly and for free. After all I have to pay the shipping cost once again and I have to be without my flash drive again for a couple of weeks.

What do you suggest to do?

Was the drive formatted with FAT32 on a Windows XP machine and did you use the 100MB file size for the test in HDBench?

Yes, I followed the instructions you suggested in other posts (and the same I did with the first RMA).

Anyway the flash drive was slow since the first moment I used it, when I unpackaged the box.

I formatted it in Windows XP OS (but I'm using it in Windows Vista Home Premium SP1).

Here is the command: format x:\ /FS:FAT32 /U

and I've used hdbench 3.40 beta6 with 100MB file size.

Here are the results of the benchmark:

Read: 21658

Write: 5064

RandomRead: 22710

RandomWrite: 2392

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employees

Please try and format the drive with the Format utility from the SD-CARD Organization. Then run the test again and see if that helps.

If you still have problems we can get it or them replaced, please use the RMA request found in TSXpress or follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

formatting the flash drive with the utility u suggested and testing it with hddbench gave me this results:

write about 8000

random write about 3000

It is a slight improvement but i think it is still a bit slow.

in case of RMA should ship it back to another address?

thanks

Thanks RamGuy.

I noticed one my big mistake. I wrote 16GB Voyager but I own a 32GB.

Are the results good or bad compared to the 32GB voyager?

Last but not least: I also own an 8GB Voyager which is much faster than this 32GB, but I need more space. Why Corsair does not tells that this big flash drives are so slow compared to the smaller? I would have bought another 1 or 2 8GB instead of 1 of 32GB.

• Corsair Employees
The new 8 Gig Flash drives will perform about the same as 32 Gig Flash Drives if you have an older 8 Gig flash drive, say made last year it may be faster. Sorry but that is just the technology for flash drives.

Archived