Corsair Community

CMX512-3200LLPRO and Asus a7n8x delux

Rainik6

I just purchased 1 gb of CMX512-3200LLPRO (2 512 twinx) and can not get my pc to run with it. Windows will load and run fine for a bit but when I try to do any games, or run any 3D apps it crashes with a video card error. I pulled out the ram and put in my old ram 3 x 256 crucial pc2100 sticks and everything works fine. Totally lost here and can't seem to get it to work. My setup Asus A7N8X- delux bios 1007 AMD xp 3000 barton core 400fsb ATI 9600 pro 128 Any help would be greatly appreciated. Mike

• Corsair Employees
Please load setup defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and I would set the timings manually to Cass 2-3-2-6 with the Rass to Cass set to "3". If that does not solve the problem, please run [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] on the modules and lets make sure one is not failing. If they pass [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] but you still get this error. I would try and uninstall the video and Chipset driver and restart and re-install the Latest Chipset and then the latest Video drivers and see if that does not solve the problem. If you still have problems, I would look for some other cause, like a weak or failing PSU or some type of EMI or grounding problem!

• 2 weeks later...
Well, I am totally stumped now. Ran Memtest overnight on one stick, then on the other stick the next day while i was at work. Both had 40+ passes and no errors on either. I then put them both into slot 2 and 3 and in duel channel mode and ran about 10 passes and no errors. I cleared cmos and changed the settings to what you suggested and that did not help. I uninstalled/installed the latest chipset drivers and video drivers and that did not help. I then totally formatted my HDD reinstalled winxp and all the latest drivers and that did not help. I still can be in Windows and surf and run apps, but as soon as I try to play a game, or run something like 3dMark it runs for about 2 seconds then the display shuts off and I have to cold boot the PC back up. This only happens when I use the Corsair memory. I don't think its an issue with power supply. I have a 500watt antec trublue power supply. And when I install my old memory 3 256mb pc2100 of crucial memory everything works fine. Here is a list of all the hardware I have... Thermaltake XaserIII (pc temp is about 16 C) Asus A7N8X-Delux Bios 1.07 (latest chipset drivers from nvidia) AMD XP 3000+ Barton core 400fsb 1GB TwinX CMX512-3200LLPRO (Ram having issues with) 768MB (3x256) Crucial PC2100 (when this ram is installed pc works fine) ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB (latest drivers) Western Digital 80GB 8MB cache HDD WinXP Pro (with all updates) At a total loss here, any other suggestions? Thanks Mike

Archived