Corsair Community

Ga-x48-ds5 and twin 2x2048-8500c5d

jigensama

I've been having some trouble getting a new motherboard and my 2 kits of ram to work. I've left the motherboard to the stock settings for the ram and it's listed at 1066mhz but whenever I'm running 4 sticks I have stability issues

Even though the mb is good for ram up to 1200 MHz do I still need to underclock if I'm using 4 sticks? And if so what's the best setting?

The only DDR2 DRAM modules that are supported in a four module configuration are the Quad packages. This does not mean that they will not work. It just means that there is no support for RMA of such configurations. Also, it is not advised to mix and match versions. Please post the actual full model and versions of the two kits. Because you are populating four DRAM slots, this changes the dynamic of the system in comparison to populating with two DRAM slots. You are advised to drop the DRAM bandwidth and raise the Northbridge Memory Controller voltage +.2v to achieve stability with a four DRAM slot population.

Download Memtest86+ V2.10 from--->

Download CPU-z from

Enter your BIOS. On the main BIOS screen press Ctrl + F1. You will see the screen flicker. Next select the MB Intelligent Tweaker option. On that screen you will see many additional settings that were not there before. Set to these values:

MIB Intelligent Tweaker (M.I.T.)
CPU Clock Ratio = 9
CPU Host Clock Control = Manual
CPU Host Frequency = 266Mhz
PCI Express Frequency = 100Mhz
C.I.A.2 = Disabled
Performance Enhance =  Normal
System Memory Multiplier = 3
DRAM Timing Selectable = Manual
CAS Latency Time = 5
DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay = 5
RAS# Precharge = 5
Precharge Delay (tRAS) = 15
ACT to ACT delay = Auto
Bank Write To READ Delay = Auto
Refresh to ACT Delay = 0
Read to Precharge Delay = Auto
Memory Performance Enhance = Normal
Dimm OverVoltage Control = +.3V
PCI-e OverVoltage Control = Normal
(G)MCH OverVoltage Control = +.3v
CPU Voltage Control = Auto
Robust Graphics Booster = Auto

Run Memtest for two full passes, then (If Stable), enter Windows and post screenshots of CPU-z's CPU, Memory and SPD tabs.

Archived