Corsair Community

AGAIN: TW3X4G1600C9DHX on Asus Striker II (Help!)

hcbs

See http://www.asktheramguy.com/v3/showthread.php?t=73371&highlight=striker

Hehe, just found out what is wrong, Corsair has packed an wrong memory strip in the package:

The label on both strips is stating TW3X4G1600C9DHX but....... one strip is the, according to CPU-Z and Everest, CM3X2048-1333C9DHX!

Yeah, even I can understand that the system is crashing and crashing and crashing..... two different types of memory with an totally different SPD and speed!

Has arranged with the reseller, EMPC, Dronten The Netherlands the RMA but, if you don't believe me, I can RMA the memory directly to you (Corsair).

After all I may conclude that my suspicion was good that there is something wrong with the memory.................:mad:

One remark: still find it strange that Corsair is only guaranteing the speed of the memory and not that it will work with the mobo as selected with the memory finder, Corsair advises through the memory finder an type of memory and is not guaranteing that it will work with the motherboard?

I forgot, happy holydays!

Has arranged with the reseller, EMPC, Dronten The Netherlands the RMA but, if you don't believe me, I can RMA the memory directly to you (Corsair).

Why would we not believe you? Corsair does not run around trying to put out fires that have not been started. You are warranted for life with your Corsair DRAM and Corsair will not play games with the warranty. Of course we believe you. :):

Corsair can't guarantee the quality of your motherboard or memory controller.

Also, the SPD won't affect the actual HW performance. If you set the speed / timings / voltage manually, the SPD doesn't come into play. However, you're well within your right to RMA the memory for the SPD being incorrect.

Also, the SPD won't affect the actual HW performance. If you set the speed / timings / voltage manually, the SPD doesn't come into play. However, you're well within your right to RMA the memory for the SPD being incorrect.

Mmmmmmmmmm, the speed of the modules is different 1333/1600mhz, SPD is totally different and it won't affect the system?

It's an wonder, it's an miracle!

Mmmmmmmmmm, the speed of the modules is different 1333/1600mhz, SPD is totally different and it won't affect the system?

It's an wonder, it's an miracle!

SPD (Serial Presence Detect) is a DRAM Plug and Play report that must follow the JEDEC DRAM standards so as to allow for plug and play ability. This is so the system will boot at that level when first installed. If the DRAM was set to the advanced settings ie. 1600Mhz with 1.8v, then the system would not boot since it is set to auto boot at 1.5v. It has nothing to do with the setting of the advanced speed and timings. It is there for backwards compatibility to stock JEDEC DRAM standards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JEDEC

fact: I have serious problems with my system which are denied by Corsair; I am crazy....., it isn't the memory it is ........................, customer go to hell!

fact: Corsair don't guarantee that the memory IS working with your mobo and CPU despite the fact that their own Memory Finder advises the customer to buy an specific type of memory.

If somebody can explain this to me, I get an advise from the manufacturer through their memory finder and the manufacturer doesn't guarantee???????

fact: Corsair has delivered 1 x CM3X2048-1333C9DHX and 1 x TW3X4G1600C9DHX instead of the ordered 2 x TW3X4G1600C9DHX. The modules ARE both labeled TW3X4G1600C9DHX which, according to the comments overhere, is an normal practice to deliver an lower speed and label it to higher speed, it has no impact on the system......................

Anyone can write down excuses and forge what they want, if an company don't deliver something as ordered and hide this by labeling the modules to higher standards then they are cheating their customers!

Enough of the crazy colored text. Please post normally. You know, like 99.999999 % of all the other people on this site. Look through the posts and see what normal people post like.

fact: You make your posts hard to read.

If you don't like it don't read it and don't comment it!

If you don't like it don't read it and don't comment it!

I expected such an answer. We have gone out of our way to help you. Why don't you send the DRAM back and buy from someone else. Certainly I doubt if anyone wants anymore of your childish posts.

I don't work for Corsair so I can tell you what I think. Buy from some other company and whine to them.

fact: I am crazy..

Indeed you are.

I expected such an answer. We have gone out of our way to help you. Why don't you send the DRAM back and buy from someone else. Certainly I doubt if anyone wants anymore of your childish posts.

I don't work for Corsair so I can tell you what I think. Buy from some other company and whine to them.

Indeed you are.

Well and this is what I expected to happen: no real answer, only crying!

No, you don't work for Corsair but from what I understand you are one of their representatives and thats an shame for Corsair.

An representative who react as you did has in mine opinion to be sacked!

Oh well, just close this topic like the other one whiteout giving answers, thats the easiest way....... arrogant, but the easiest way.

Well and this is what I expected to happen: no real answer, only crying!

No, you don't work for Corsair but from what I understand you are one of their representatives and thats an shame for Corsair.

An representative who react as you did has in mine opinion to be sacked!

Oh well, just close this topic like the other one whiteout giving answers, thats the easiest way....... arrogant, but the easiest way.

Not so, you come here with legitimate questions, but you couch them in direct blame as though your issues are done on purpose for some underhanded reason. Then you create posts that are hard to read along with your blame.

You will get better responses if you stop the direct accusations as to business ethics and morals, request what you want, be it RMA, etc. and you will get what you want.

However, that is NOT what you do here and you get responses back from people who get frustrated with your hard to read posts and blatant accusations as to ethics and morality.

Do you like being accused? If you do not see your accusations as to Corsair and my morals and ethics, then you are not seeing what you do. This is unacceptable. Do you not see this? Look at your title. It says "(HELP)". Do you always ask for help and then accuse the ethics and morality of those you ask for help from? That's not how to do it.

Do you want an RMA? Then go for one. Simple. If the DRAM is at fault, apply for an RMA. But you blame it on Corsair as if they are doing switching or other actions on purpose to profit.

However, you're well within your right to RMA the memory for the SPD being incorrect.

just an tiny, tiny question:

After beeing declared crazy and mad and now I find out that I have

TWO DIFFEREND TYPES OF MEMORY IN MY SYSTEM

WHO IS TO BLAME?

Me or Corsair?

Corsair has delivered the memory!

Aha, case closed!

Read the link at the top of each and every page that lists the Forum Staff. Derek isn't listed. He's a normal member just like you, with no special privileges whatsoever. I however AM listed, as one of the administrators. I do not work for Corsair, nor have I ever worked for them.

Back on topic: No memory company can literally test each and every motherboard / CPU that comes off the assembly line of each and every manufacturer out there. It's not feasible. All they can do is to their own thorough testing to ensure they'll run as guaranteed. If there's an issue with other parts, all they can do is recommend testing procedures to help you figure out what the issue is.

just an tiny, tiny question:

After beeing declared crazy and mad and now I find out that I have

TWO DIFFEREND TYPES OF MEMORY IN MY SYSTEM

WHO IS TO BLAME?

They aren't different types of memory. Yes, it's possible for the label and/or SPD to be incorrect (both are exceedingly rare). However, if you test one stick at a time and they meet the rated settings, then the PHYSICAL stick is what it says it is. Either way, you have an RMA, you have been given the facts about memory and the SPD chips and other relevant data. By all means feel free to post CONSTRUCTIVE comments, but stop your accusations when you're not willing to listen to the comments / suggestions of others.

Now if you think we're all in on the "conspiracy" and all of that jazz, then my suggestion would be to take your theories and post on multiple forums that have no connections to hardware manufacturers, and see what others think. This way you know that the responses you get are unbiased.

However, you're well within your right to RMA the memory for the SPD being incorrect.

That was posted long ago. What part of it don't you understand?

Has arranged with the reseller, EMPC, Dronten The Netherlands the RMA

It could well be a mistake, and you already have sent for RMA. No one said you were not being truthful. But on you continue with the blame game. What are you looking for? Perfection? Abject apologies after you blame this event as purposeful?

Yes, that is crazy thinking and if you think like this I do think you are not all there.

Yes, it's possible for the label and/or SPD to be incorrect (both are exceedingly rare). However, if you test one stick at a time and they meet the rated settings, then the PHYSICAL stick is what it says it is.

So, I am buying memory with speed X and can get speed Y?

Where is the time that I could rely on the manufacturer which is truly declaring that inside the package there is exactly what the label is stating?

And no...., the phisical stick is NOT what it say it is, have different speeds in the system!

Furious? YES FURIOUS!

Find it an outrage, have no understanding for it!

Just an remark: overhere in The Netherlands, according to the law, the manufacturer is responsible to deliver what is ordered/stated on the package/label whitout any exception!

Another one: Corsair (or another manufacturer) could state what they want in their delivery terms, the (Dutch) law goes above all!

The last one: you has delivered in the Netherlands thus the Netherlands law is applicable and not the law of .......

So, I am buying memory with speed X and can get speed Y?

Where is the time that I could rely on the manufacturer which is truly declaring that inside the package there is exactly what the label is stating?

And no...., the phisical stick is NOT what it say it is, have different speeds in the system!

NO manufacturer gets it right 100% of the time. This is why there are warranties. This is also why I said it's exceedingly RARE for a screw up to happen. I'd guess this happens one out of every 500,000 sticks. The SPD chip being incorrect HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GUARANTEED SPEED. It's like paying for a 400 horsepower engine, and the manufacturer guaranteeing the engine will do this, but they put the wrong label on the engine. It's still guaranteed to do 400 HP, and in fact runs @ 400 HP just fine, but the label's wrong. It's a LABEL, NOT a limiter of the speed.

Just an remark: overhere in The Netherlands, according to the law, the manufacturer is responsible to deliver what is ordered/stated on the package/label whitout any exception!

Another one: Corsair (or another manufacturer) could state what they want in their delivery terms, the (Dutch) law goes above all!

The last one: you has delivered in the Netherlands thus the Netherlands law is applicable and not the law of .......

That's a pretty standard law in most countries (including the USA), and they're well within compliance.

Yes, I understand that you're already in the process of RMA'ing the memory through your local distributor. The following is just for clarification for future readers of this thread.

BOTTOM LINE in this type of situation: TEST THE MEMORY by MANUALLY setting the speed / timings / voltage. If they don't perform as guaranteed, RMA the memory. If you want to RMA the memory even if they perform as guaranteed and the SPD / label is wrong, then do so, as you're wll within your right. Corsair will RMA your memory even if they're perfect and will OC 1000% just to ensure you're a satisfied customer.

Well, we can fight forever, I surely disagree with you.

Can you explain to me how it could happen that I have overhere an system, NOT oc'ed, just standard as standard could be and it just crashes and crashes, and crashes and ..........................:evil:

The only thing I know is that the system has cost an $3200 :mad:

The memory will be replaced within 2 weeks, will come back to you and we will see if the memory was the evil one.

We're just talking about 2 different things. I'm talking about the warranty and RMA, and you're talking about the SPD chips interfering w/ each other. Not sure which one it would read, but it can't set the timings of each stick separately, so ultimately manually setting the speed / timings / voltage would ensure that the SPD has nothing to do with the troubleshooting process.

Either way, RMA will eliminate a step from the troubleshooting process.

• 1 month later...

Well, has cost an lot of time because Corsair DDR3 1600mhz wasn't on stock or wasn't manufactured, just what you want......, but the memory is replaced under warranty/rma.

THE SYSTEM IS FLYING..........................., even managed to overclock the Q9450 (2666ghz) to 3,3ghz! Still has to do some fine tuning.

Prime95 was running flawlessy for 12 hrs so everything is okay I pressume.

Thanks, no thanks, I am not satisfied with the support of Corsair because they are thinking that only they have all the knowledge and that the consumer is the idiot!!

In this case the consumer wasn't the idiot as proven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Corsair Employee

I'm sorry you are not satisfied with our efforts and but no one here has called you an idiot or insulted you. We do not treat our customers like that. We do our best to resolve situations like this with a minimum of inconvenience to the customer such as back on October 17, 2008.

http://www.asktheramguy.com/forums/showpost.php?p=371758&postcount=17

Archived