Corsair Community

Help: VX550W Random power off

lamyun

I bought this power supply last x-mas and has performed perfectly until 1 week ago. My system would shut off completely without warning, it doesn't even say "Windows is now shutting down". It is just like I flicked the power switch. No errors in the Event Viewer, no BSOD (i disabled automatic restart)

Been running the same setup, nothing has changed.

I am running the latest bios, no overclocking at all. Random shutdowns will happen at irregular times, even when just watching videos off youtube.

Same thing happens either connected or not connected to my UPS.

Swapped my oldie TT Purepower 430W and the system works with no random shutdowns.

Any other suggestions?

How long has the system been up and running stable with the now installed TT Purepower 430W ?

It's been running all day and night now.

Watched a DVD movie, youtube, did some dev stuff (C#) and no strange restarts yet *fingers crossed*

• Corsair Employees
It's been running all day and night now.

Watched a DVD movie, youtube, did some dev stuff (C#) and no strange restarts yet *fingers crossed*

If the other PSU is working, then lets get the Corsair PSU replaced. Please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

Archived