Corsair Community

Gigabyte 8KNXP 2 memtest failure with 4 CMX512-3200C2PRO modules

govroom

I have the Gigabyte 8KNXP Rev. 2 with FG bios. I can install either pair of CMX512-3200C2PRO modules (TwinX matched pairs) and pass memtest 1 to 7. If I try to install 4 of these modules I get 2682 errors in two passes for tests 4 and 5 only. All of my settings are the default setting, the CPU is a Intel 3.0G and I have a 350W Anetec True Power supply. I am still worried that the tracing on my motherboard cannot handle four of these modules. I really don't think the motherboard manufacture was planning on customers powering these lights from their memory slots. I did have a pair of these modules replaced because the PC would not Post with them installed. I had four modules installed for a couple of days, then I started having fatal faults. In the end the PC would not Post with these modules (only these two modules installed), but the PC worked with the other pair. The pair that worked was in the PC for several months and the pair that failed was only in for a couple of days. I guess it is possible the failure of these modules weakened the tracings on my mb. So what do you think is going on with my PC? What should I do now? The lights are neat, but....

• Corsair Employee
I would try setting the Dim Over Voltage control to +.2 Volts and see if that does not solve the problem. If not I would try setting the timings manually to Cass 2.5-3-3-7 and run [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] again!

memtest with + .2V 1 pass 37 errors for Test 4 11,908 errors Test 5 memtest normal voltage 1 pass 151 errors Test 4 302 errors Test 5 I haven't been able to figure out how to manually set up the modules. Memtest does work correctly with the 875P chip?

Archived