Corsair Community

New rev. allow no OC?

NG-Raziel

Hi RAM guy! I sort of have some problems getting my newly bought CMS-3200C2 512MB rev. 3.1 stick to work with my old stick which is the same except it's rev. 1.2. That stick I could get to about 220MHz FSB stable at 7-3-3-2 timings. But this new stick (alone) I can't even get stable over 200MHz with 6-3-3-2.5 timings which is what they are rated to do in an AMD system. And in Dual Channel the other stick is of course pulling the old stick down with it. Can this be true that the new revisions can't even be overclocked a little bit above their rated speed? Course if that is so, then I see no real point in buying memory specifically designed to overclock. My system is: AMD 2500+ Barton Abit NF7-S rev. 2.0 The memory you already know of PowerColor Radeon 9800Pro 128MB Say if you need more specs. Can you please help me here?

• Corsair Employees
Please try and set the memory Frequency to 100% and set the timings manually to Cass 2.5-3-3-7 and set the dim votage to 2.7 Volts and see if the system is stable with [url]www.memtest86.com[/url].

It's stable at the settings you suggested with memtest, and I've just tried out 11-2-3-2 and 206MHz and it's also stable with memtest, but nothing compared to what the old stick could do. how come it's written that the newer revisions will give equal or better performance when they seem not to?

Archived