Corsair Community

help__problems with tx750

zim_zum

first, sorry for my english, i will try to explain myself.

i have the tx750 for a month with no problems, but since yesturday while playing any game, especially cod4 for about 30-40 min it turns off, no warnings, like unplug the power cable.

i been checking temps but they are not high, i have everything on stock (specs) cpu runing at 42-60°C__vga 43-65°C. dont have a limit temp on bios.

And i cant turn it on inmediatly i have to wait for about 5-10 min to turn it on again.

*Already check that everything is connected properly.

• Corsair Employees

There are a few possibilities:

1. Video Card/Driver issue, I would make sure you have the latest drivers for the card, and remove the existing drivers using a driver cleaning utility recommended by your graphics card manufacturer. You may also want to test the video card in a different system.

2. Possibly a memory problem, use http://www.memtest.org to make sure you are not getting any errors.

3. The motherboard or some other component is going out of spec and tripping the overcurrent/overvoltage protection circuits in the PSU. Try the PSU in a different system to see if you have the same problems.

4. There is a faulty component in the PSU.

I would go down the list and see if you can narrow down the possibilities. If it looks like there is a good chance that a replacement PSU will resolve the issues then, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

Dude, I don't know how long it will take, but I had this EXACT same problem.

What happened for me is, I would be playing a game, and it's shut off after a while.... it did that for a week, and after that my computer wouldn't start at all. I've contacted Tech support, and it's been over TWO months since I talked to them, I've submitted an RMA request twice, called multiple times, and STILL have had no headway with them... Don't expect a quick response.

Dude, I don't know how long it will take, but I had this EXACT same problem.

What happened for me is, I would be playing a game, and it's shut off after a while.... it did that for a week, and after that my computer wouldn't start at all. I've contacted Tech support, and it's been over TWO months since I talked to them, I've submitted an RMA request twice, called multiple times, and STILL have had no headway with them... Don't expect a quick response.

Have you tried calling in and asking for a supervisor? There's absolutely no reason it would take that long. It's extremely easy to get an RMA #.

Have you tried calling in and asking for a supervisor? There's absolutely no reason it would take that long. It's extremely easy to get an RMA #.

every time I call, I don't even get a representative.. I get some guys Voice mail.

I have had the exact same problem with my TX 750, after just a few minutes of playing it will shut down. My old junky 500w thermaltake can run my overclocked rig all day long without issue. I really am getting a bit tired of all the DOA and failing PSUs I have gotten from corsair over the years.

• Corsair Employees
every time I call, I don't even get a representative.. I get some guys Voice mail.

Please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

You should be emailed a Case # shortly after submitting the form, and if you post the case # here I will get it approved for an RMA ASAP!

• Corsair Employees
I have had the exact same problem with my TX 750, after just a few minutes of playing it will shut down. My old junky 500w thermaltake can run my overclocked rig all day long without issue. I really am getting a bit tired of all the DOA and failing PSUs I have gotten from corsair over the years.

Do you have any problems if you load setup defaults in the BIOS and run at the default settings? Have you run http://www.memtest.org to rule out any memory related errors? Random shut downs would generally not be a PSU issue. If your PSU has a problem it will be consistent and easily duplicated. We have no problem replacing the unit for you at any time, but when you are getting multiple PSUs giving you similar issues, then I would suspect there may be some other issue.

• 1 month later...

Archived