Corsair Community

Problems with TWIN2X4096-8500C5D on EVGA 750i FTW

Cataclysm

I've already browsed several posts regarding my problem but unfortunately, none of them have solved my issue. When I put in a stick of 2gb, my computer works fine but when I try the second stick, it doesn't boot up and has really long beeps. My motherboard displays a "C1" post code.

I set my latency to 5-5-5-15, my memory to 1066, and I changed the voltage to 2.1 but it still beeps. I feel as if I missed something or didn't change a specific setting.

Thanks.

• Corsair Employees
I set my latency to 5-5-5-15, my memory to 1066, and I changed the voltage to 2.1 but it still beeps. I feel as if I missed something or didn't change a specific setting.

Thanks.

Are you using LINKED or UNLINKED mode? List all of the settings you have made in BIOS for RAM, CPU, and voltages.

Also, try clearing your BIOS and resetting the timings and voltage you listed above using a single module. Then, test each single module with Memtest for 3-5 passes each.

http://www.memtest.org

Hi,

Thanks for the reply RAM GUY.

I ran Memtest and everything checked out fine for both sticks and all four slots. I am running in UNLINKED mode.

Here are my settings:

FSB, Memory Clock Mode: UNLINKED

FSB, Memory Ratio: Auto

FSB (QDR), MHz: 1066

Actual FSB (QDR), MHz: 1066.7

MEM (DDR), MHz: 1066

Actual MEM (DDR), MHz: 1066.7

Memory Timing

Memory Timing Settings: Expert

tCL (CAS Latency): 5

tRCD: 5

tRP: 5

tRAS: 15

Command Per Clock (CMD): 2T

Advanced Memory Settings

tRRD: Auto(4)

tRC: Auto(31)

tWR: Auto(6)

tWTR: Auto(10)

tREF: Auto

System Voltages

CPU Core: Auto

CPU FSB: Auto

Memory: 2.100V

nForce SPP: Auto

NF200 Voltage Level: Auto

GTLUREF - Lane 0: Auto

Lane 1: Auto

Lane 2: Auto

Lane 3: Auto

CPU Clock Ratio Unlock: Disabled

CPU Clock Ratio: 9x

LDT Frequency: 5x

I hope that's all the info you need. If there are any other settings I need to post, then let me know. Thanks.

Since the modules passed in single mode this means that the DRAM is not the issue. You can raise the SPP to 1.55v and retest. Set the modules in slot 2 and 4 and retest, but if you are failing in Dual Channel Mode, this means that the on motherboard memory controller is at issue and I would look towards an RMA of the motherboard.

EDIT: I went out on a limb here and put the ram in slots 0 and 2, which are adjacent to eachother and it boots! It recognizes it and everything! Of course, 32-bit XP only sees 2.5 gigs but I'm going to install 64-bit Vista now so that I can utilize all four gigs. :)

Thanks for your response. I adjusted that voltage but it still has the same problem. I really can't think of anything else besides the incompatibility with this board. I don't get how one stick of 2gb works but the other stick can't. I'm afraid of an RMA because when I first installed the board, it gave me boot problems but just as I was going to RMA it, I realized the metal screws on the bottom of the board that were attaching it to the case were causing a short-circuit. After I insulated them, the board booted within the case. So in conclusion, if I RMA it, wait a week or two for the new one and the same problem arises, then I'm going to be pretty pissed. I'll have to deal with two gigs for now. At least until I find out a logical explanation for this.

Thanks for the help.

Archived