Corsair Community

UPS for the HX1000W

ElAguila

I am looking for a replacement ups to use with my HX1000W psu and system. I have a choice between the Tripp Lite OmniVS1500XL 1500VA/940W, CyberPower CP1500AVRLCD 1500VA/900W, and the Ultra ULT33046 2000VA/1200W UPS. I know that most people would jump in and say to get the one with the highest VA/W rating but I am not that familiar with the ULTRA product and the only review I found said that it didn't last near as long as advertised. I also looked at replacement battery cost and the Cyberpower and Tripp Lite batteries are reasonable. I was unable to find a listing for the ULTRA batteries. Both Tripp Lite and Cyberpower state that their UPS are compatible with Vista 64bit either through native support or their software. I guess my question is which of these would be recommended. If I could I would get another APC UPS but these are my only 3 choices at this time.

• Corsair Employees
Due to the many design and performance variables of UPSs, we cannot make a recommendation for them. You should consult the UPS manufacturer and present the HX-1000 specifications to them to let them state if their unit will in fact support the HX-1000 and your chosen OS.

Archived