Corsair Community

Bad Ram?

Notacop

My system: Windows XP Intel MB D845PEBT2 Intel P4 2.4 553 PNY GeForce4 Ti4600 128mb 2 Corsair XMS 512 2700 Platnum Series ram chips I have had my system for a little over a year now and things have been great. The problem I am having is the computer will not post with both chips installed. I have tried several things and have determined that one of my ram chips is probally the problem. I get a fail R/W error when this chip is installed without the other one. The system runs fine with the other chip that I believe to be good. The info on the chip I think is bad is - cmx512-2700v2pt xms2702v2.1 024158 I am not sure of any other ways to test and make sure this is bad. Oh yeah I also moved the chips into different ram slots to make sure the MB wasnt the problem with the chip reading bad

• Corsair Employees
Lets get that memory module replaced. Please send us an email with a copy of the [URL=http://www.corsairmemory.com/main/rma_request.xls]FORM[/URL] or you can send all of your info(full name, shipping address, phone # with area code, the module part #, quantity to be replaced, and a copy of the link to this post). Email it to [email]rma@corsairmemory.com[/email]. If after 1 day or 24 hours excluding weekends you do not get the RMA please email the same to [email]warranty@corsairmemory.com[/email] and we will help to resolve it. Thank You!

Archived