Corsair Community

HX1000 Functionality Test: Strange Results

DavidNJ

Obviously, I was disappointed when my board didn't turn on! the power light was on, but pressing the button a faint movement of the fan...a slow rock over a few degrees...then nothing.

Disconnected and using a plug for priming watercooling circuits it could trick it to turning for a couple of seconds. Pressing the connector in turns it off. Pulling it out turns it off.

Is the 24 pin connector defective? Should I call technical support or try to resolve it here?

Everything I read about this PSU is great (although I would have liked the wires in the modular cables color coded and sleeved). I really, really, really don't want to RMA.

• Corsair Employees

If it is working when you prime the H20 pumps, then your issue is not likely the PSU.

Is this in a known working system or is this a new build? Did you post the MOBO outside the case before installing? What you are describing could be caused by a grounding issue, an improperly installed water block causing a short, etc.

Please list your complete system specifications in your signature.

No...it didn't prime the pump...it didn't turn over. The connector was the type you use to prime pumps.

The system is on a HighSpeed PC stand, and has been running on an FPS 600w without problem. That PSU doesn't have the power for the intended load.

There is obviously a connector problem, or a circuit in the unit misinterpreting the connector.

After inserting and removing the connector maybe one or two DOZEN times in testing it turned on and is running now. However, I have no idea where the problem is. Judging from the NewEgg reviews, I am not the only person with this problem.

I tried that several times. All the fans, including the fan in the PSU (the others aren't really needed) tries to spin and stops.

As I said, after trying maybe 20-25 times...sometimes with a little movement, sometimes with none, it started to work and is still working.

I have no idea why it didn't work, or why it started. My guess would be something with the connector, a wire pushed together or a coating removed. Or maybe it was something with the PSU that after some cycles broke down.

The PSU was needed right away to test some video cards.

I have no idea why it started to work, or how long it will be working. I am using it now, but haven't moved the 24pin since I put it back on the board. It will be moved to a case over the weekend, being unplugged and plugged a few times. Hopefully it will continue to work.

How long is the warranty?

That's good to know. It seems to be working...quiet and stable.

My only complaints would be not sleeving all the cables, and having the individual wires all in black makes adding or changing sleeves and ends error prone.

Also...you may want to flip the logo on one side so that it is right side up whether the PSU is top mounted (as designed) or bottom mounted (and inverted).

• Corsair Employees
Glad to hear everything is working, if you end up having any more problems please let us know. Sleeved vs. flat cables seems to be more a a personal preference. I tend to like the flat cables a little bit better especially when trying to cleanly zip tie them together for cable management, but I'm sure there are some valid arguments for sleeved cables. The sticker suggestion is quite good however, and the last I heard, we were in the process of making some changes, although I have no ETA on when these changes will be implemented.

Archived