Corsair Community

Compatibility Problem?

PET L

WHENEVER I PUT TWO STICKS OF 512 INTO MY MOBO I DONT GET ANYTHING ON MY MONITOR. I RECENTLY BOUGHT A SYSTEM LAST MONTH WITH I GIG OF RAM ONLY TO FIND OUT THAT ONE OF THEM WAS FAULTY. I DID A TRIAL AND ERROR AND ISOLATED THE BAD ONE AND SENT IT IN TO CORSAIR. I RECEIVED IT YESTERDAY BUT NOW WHEN I PUT BOTH OF THEM TOGETHER, I GET NO DISPLAY ON MY MONITOR. I HAVE TRIED THE FOLLOWING: THE OLD 512 ONLY- WORKS FINE THE NEW 512 ONLY- WORKS FINE BOTH TOGETHER IN SLOTS 1+2, 1+3 WILL BOOT, SEE LIGHTS, HEAR HARD DRIVE COME ON BUT NOTHING ON THE MONITOR. I DONT THINK IT MIGHT BE THE MOTHERBOARD BECAUSE IT TOOK THE I GIG BEFORE I SENT IT OFF TO CORSAIR. I HAVE ALSO CAREFULLY EXAMINED THE MODULES AND THEY ARE IDENTICAL. CORSAIR PLATINUM SERIES CMX 512- 3200C2PT XMS3202v1.1 0323102-1 400MHZ CL2 MY MOBO IS AN ABIT KV8-MAX3 RUNNIG ON AN AMD64 3400+ CONFUSED ----- PLEASE HELP

OK ONE IS v1.1 AND THE OTHER IS v1.2 I THINK I MIGHT HAVE OVER LOOKED THAT THEY PROBABLY SENT ME BACK THE WRONG ONE. NOW WHAT DO I DO? I HEARD ABOUT CHANGING THE LATENCY AND VOLTAGE. BUT TO WHAT? I HAVE AN ABIT KV8-MAX3 MOBO WITH AN AMD 64 3400 STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS WOULD BE A PLUS- STILL LEARRNING. THANKS.

• Corsair Employees
I would use slots 1-3 and set the tims as listed bellow, and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts. SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 7T

Archived