Corsair Community

Help with OC settings - 2 pairs of TWIN3X4096-1600C7DHXIN

Marvellus

Are you watercooled? Latest BIOS installed? What CPU overclock? That board has a pretty high learning curve and I would look to those who actually have used that board.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=187156&highlight=Foxconn+BlackOPS

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=194629&highlight=Foxconn+BlackOPS

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=203357&highlight=Foxconn+BlackOPS

Hi Derek,

Thanks for the URLs. Yes, I've got a Zalman LQ1000 case. This board as you say is quite complicated but at the same time has some good points. My last ASUS Striker Extreme was better in some sense but I think this one has a slight edge. I wish there was a decent board out there. Any recommendations for an i7?

Thanks.

Regarding the i7. I'm still watching and awaiting Intel's "Tock" of the i7, the 32nm die shrink and architecture optimization. By then there should be a second release of chipset and second generation motherboards. Until then I will stick with Core 2 technology. If I was to purchase i7 now, I would go with the Rampage II Extreme and a i920 CPU along with some nice TR3X6G1866C9DF.

Hi Derek,

Thanks for the URLs. Yes, I've got a Zalman LQ1000 case. This board as you say is quite complicated but at the same time has some good points. My last ASUS Striker Extreme was better in some sense but I think this one has a slight edge. I wish there was a decent board out there. Any recommendations for an i7?

Thanks.

Any recommendations for my RAM settings?

It's really tough as I just don't know your board at all. I do know that my motherboard and X48 chipset allow me to run 4 X 2048 of 1600C7 at 1620 7-6-6-16 1T and 1.82v. It did take me a good month to get the overclock gaming stable though. You've got enough settings to get some good speed I would think but it's going to take you some time. It's not plug and play to get such a DRAM capacity to work with full stability at high output. I started out with 2 sticks and only 1520Mhz stable. I ended up a month later with 4 sticks and 1020 stable. No voltage change to the DRAM either. All I can say is good luck and have fun :D:

I do NOT use XMP.

Thanks for your tips. Can I send you screenshots of my current BIOS settings and have your feedback? It seems to be stable at these settings at the moment. I haven't done anything to the memory yet and hope you can help when you see the screenshots.

Thanks.

Marcellus

Thanks for your tips. Can I send you screenshots of my current BIOS settings and have your feedback? It seems to be stable at these settings at the moment. I haven't done anything to the memory yet and hope you can help when you see the screenshots.

Thanks.

Marcellus

Sure, please insert them attachments.

That board uses such a different BIOS nomenclature. I think you would do better visiting that link I gave you and asking others who have that board. I've had no experience with it and as such, with such different setting names I would not be beneficial to you.

Archived