Corsair Community

TWINX1024-4000PRO on SN85G4 Athlon 64 3400+

I currently have TWINX1024-4000PRO installed in my Shuttle SN85G4 SFF system powered by an Athlon 64 3400+ all running at stock. This systems bios does not currently allow me to modify the memory speeds any higher than 200mhz. I was wondering what would be expected as far as settings for these chips since (A). The system bus is set only at 200 instead of 250. (B) The system does not use dual channel. Any advice or thoughts we be most appreciated. Thanks

Does your bios allow any ratios that would allow you to run the memory faster than the CPU? If you had a 4:5 ratio available you would have the CPU at 200mhz and the memory at 250mhz. I have never seen a Shuttle bios so I have no idea what is allowed. I will try to look at the manual for your MOBO if it is available online. Mike.

I looked over the Shuttle manual for your system and it seems as if they put a pretty limited bios on that system. FWIW, one tester at Anandtech go the non-Pro PC4000 to run at 2,3,3,6 timings if your bios will allow that. But, that is way below spex, so no guarantees. It did not indicate in the manual that you can change these timings so you may be out of luck there also. It's hard to tell without having hands on the system. Good luck, Mike.

Thanks for you help. I will test it out some as soon as possible and report back for the masses. Also note that for anyone looking to build this rig. IT ROCKS Shuttle SN85G4 AMD Athlon 64 3400+ TWINX1024-4000PRO WD Raptor 74GB 10,000RPM SATA Hard Drive Pioneer DVR-A07XLB Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS ATI Radeon 9800XT 256

I left out something above. When I said that a reviewer at Anandtech got PC4000 to run at 2,3,3,6 timings, he did so at DDR400 or PC3200 which is WAY underclocked for that RAM. But, if for some reason you can't get your system to run at those speeds, you do seem to have options. Mike.

Honestly, because of the IC's used, they're really meant to be CAS 3 modules. So, if you can run CAS 2.5 that's good, CAS 2 is amazing. I'd go slowly and try 2.5-4-4-8, then 2.5-3-3-8 and 2.5-3-3-7... If that seems alright, go ahead and try CAS 2-3-3-7, etc. Just see what you can manage and give it your best try! Also, set the DDR Voltage to 2.7x volts, that can help a bit too. PLUR CK

Archived