Corsair Community

Mislabeled Corsair 8500?

Alterion

I recently sent an e-mail regarding this same topic to ramguy@corsairmemory.com but thought it might be usefull on here as well for other people with the same problem ive seen a few thread where members state that there sticks of 1066 will not work, and as I have yet to recieve a response to my problem.

On Dec. 1, I purchased 2 sets of CM2X1024-8500C5D memory sticks, from newegg.com. Total of 4GB at 1GB a stick. I started having problems right from the get-go after installing the memory. I had to either leave it at 800Mhz rather that using it at 1066, or underclock it at 667 and manually set the timings in order to get any suitable performance out of them. At first I thought it may have been something that i had done. I ran SIW and cpuz and found that 2 out of the 4 sticks where being read as VS1GB800D2 modules. After a little research I found that these 2 sticks where actually basic DDR2 800. My guess is and I really don't know why, is that the sticks where mislabeled and shipped out by mistake, as all 4 sticks are in the appropriate dominator heatsinks and have the CM2X1024-8500C5D module number across them as well.

Archived