Corsair Community

Asus Rampage II Extreme & TR3X6G1600C8D won't run all 3 sticks

Rapid7

I'm having major problems trying to get them to work,i'm currently using just 1 x 2GB stick of the above kit any more than 1 stick & i get loads of errors in windows saying that parts of windows has failed to respond.

The CPU (i7 920) is running at stock settings & the memory is currently running at 1333mhz 1.65v 2N & timings of 8.8.8.24.No matter what i do i can not get all 3 sticks working at the same time.

Has anybody else experienced the same problems?

Thanks Paul.

All sorted in the end,installed vista with one stick then put the other 2 sticks back in and windows wouldn't load.Tried each stick on it's own and the very last stick i tried i would get to the vista loading screen and keep rebooting.Running dual channel at the moment :(: but can't be with out pc so having to order another Dominator 6GB kit and going to rma this current kit back to scan:(:

All sorted in the end,installed vista with one stick then put the other 2 sticks back in and windows wouldn't load.Tried each stick on it's own and the very last stick i tried i would get to the vista loading screen and keep rebooting.Running dual channel at the moment :(: but can't be with out pc so having to order another Dominator 6GB kit and going to rma this current kit back to scan:(:

Have you updated to Vista SP1 and then install the other two sticks? Have you run memtest on the sticks singly?

I did all the updates including service pack 1 before installing all 3 sticks & i've run memtest and the stick that i thought was faulty was throwing up errors all the time.Just ran memtest 2.10 again and the stick had over 4000 errors in less than a minute.

Archived