Corsair Community

TX750W pretty loud here...

hlkc

Just bought the TX750W and install no problem.

The reason I bought/upgrade the PS is my old Antec True Power only got 450W and after I did different hardware upgrades such as ATI 4850, 4 GB RAM, BD optical driver, 2 tuner cards, 3 HDDs and Asus Xonar HDAV1.3 HDMI sound card, when I played some BD movies it shuffle a bit and I think my ex-450W PS can't supply all of the hardware I added...

It is all fine after installed and no shuffle. BUT the TX750W fan sounds pretty loud to me, sure lot louder then my 3 years old 450W Antec True Power. Especially after I played a BD movie.

My question is when I read some reviews, everyone said it's silent, but sure not here. Is it because I have some hungry power hardware here and therefore the TX750W work harder and the fan constantly spin harder and especially after BD movie?

I am sure someone here must have some heavy gears and I like to hear your experience.

Many thanks in advance.

• Corsair Employees

The TX750 will definitely be louder than our smaller wattage supplies, but it should still be quiet for a 750 watt PSU. If the unit is loud enough to be bothersome while you are using the system, then we can try replacing the unit for you.

If you decide to have us replace the unit, please use the On Line RMA Request Form. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

The TX750 will definitely be louder than our smaller wattage supplies, but it should still be quiet for a 750 watt PSU. If the unit is loud enough to be bothersome while you are using the system, then we can try replacing the unit for you.

If you decide to have us replace the unit, please use the On Line RMA Request Form. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

Hi RAM Guy,

Thanks for the reply. I am not sure it is normal or abnormal. Again, I use to have few different PS but never have more than 500W and this 750W is the louder I own. I can hear the PS 4 feet away. Is it normal to you?

• Corsair Employees
Hi RAM Guy,

Thanks for the reply. I am not sure it is normal or abnormal. Again, I use to have few different PS but never have more than 500W and this 750W is the louder I own. I can hear the PS 4 feet away. Is it normal to you?

Honestly, its hard to say. Can you describe the noise? Is it a buzzing or clicking sound, or does it just sound like the noise from the fan?

Honestly, its hard to say. Can you describe the noise? Is it a buzzing or clicking sound, or does it just sound like the noise from the fan?

No clicking and/or buzzing just normal loud fan noise, I can sure hear that 5 feet away.

• Corsair Employees
No clicking and/or buzzing just normal loud fan noise, I can sure hear that 5 feet away.

Does the fan always spin the same speed? The fan should spin slowly under a low load, and only ramp up when the load reaches around 375-400 watts.

Does the fan always spin the same speed? The fan should spin slowly under a low load, and only ramp up when the load reaches around 375-400 watts.

Yes but it is loud in low load and louder in heavy load. I was more expecting the low load noise divide by 1/2 in heavy load. I am not looking ULTRA quiet operation as I need more power but it is sure louder than I wish, just to make sure since most of the reviews said it is silent and not loud, therefore I am just wondering...

It will be hard for me to tell you whether or not its louder than it should be, but if it becomes a problem and you would like to try having the unit replaced, then we can certainly do that for you.

I guess I will try to live with it and see. I have 5 years to do that, right?

Archived