Corsair Community

TwinX-XMS HELP!

Delayed_Reflex

Hey, I have recently just built a new gaming system, but find I am not seeing the performance I should be, Due to RAM or so I think. My system is Gigabyte 8ik1100(Rev 2.) 3.2 Intel HT 800fsb 1024 TwinX Platinum XMS pc3200(3200C2PT) Radeon 9800 PRO 128 meg Audigy 2 120 Gig Baracuda SATA In X-SuperAlien Case with 420W PS.. Now Im seeing benchmarks of 5800ish(3dmarks2003) and this is after ive done tweaks, pagefile, windows updates ect. In sandra my memory is getting like 4500mb/s... My buddy is getting 8000mb/s with Kingston HyperX which was cheaper then mine.. Any ideas? Thanks a ton.

• Corsair Employees
[QUOTE]In sandra my memory is getting like 4500mb/s... My buddy is getting 8000mb/s with Kingston HyperX which was cheaper then mine..[/QUOTE] 4500 is about right for these modules, and I have not seen any one much over 7000 and thats with XMS4400 at 275 Mhz. I think your buddy is giving you a different reading!

Im having some trouble overclocking. Im an overclocking newb I guess you could say. I have my cpu at 210X16=3.3ghz instead of the 200X16 its supposed to be.. It boots fine, but will crash a program or randomly restart as im Gaming or benchmarking? This sound cpu or ram related? My ram temperature is only at like 40, or maybe a voltage problem? Ive tryed numourous combos of voltages for both cpu and dimm. cant make it stable. ne ideas?

• Corsair Employees
I do not think you will be able to over clock this MB. I have tested several Giga Byte MB's based on I875 chipset and none of them will O.C. more than 4-5 MHz no matter what memory you use. However, I would make sure the timings are set to By SPD and set the Dim Voltage to +.2 volts and see if that helps!

Archived