Corsair Community

ASUS Rampage Formula + Twin2X4096-6400C4DHX G problem

Tolian

I just built a new system last night, and after some minor trials and tribulations I managed to get everything powered up and into the BIOS. However, when I try to let it load into windows (using my existing HD - the one piece I didn't replace) I get a blue screen of death and an instant reboot immediately after the Windows icon appears on the screen.

I have looked through the search function for Rampage Formula questions, and wasn't able to find anything quite similar to my problem. At the moment the only change I have done in the BIOS was to see the DRAM Voltage to 2.1V, which I was told by a tech support rep at Corsair was the correct voltage for this ram/mb. Oh, and I also at the instruction of ASUS technical support updated my BIOS to the most recent version (0701).

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Actually, I am in the process of doing that now. I was not aware that windows needed a fresh install if you change your MB and use a different chipset. Seems I learn something new every rebuild, heh. Will post an update if this doesn't solve it. Thanks for the reply, DerekT! Hopefully that will do the trick. :)

Archived