Corsair Community

Replacement Options

Peteman100

It looks like some combination of my friend's memory (4 dimms of cm2x1024-8500c5) is having issues which is preventing his computer from booting. My question is, if the memory is found to be the culprit and it is RMA'd, is the only option to replace them with an identical set? Despite his original intent, he isn't overclocking at all so a 2x2GB 800 mhz set would be better suited. Would something like that be possible? I imagine that would be less expensive on your end, as well. Thanks for your assistance.

• Corsair Employees
You would need to contact our customer service to find out what options would be available for an RMA. You can reach them, at 888-222-4346 and dial "0", (510) 657-8747 or email rmaservice@corsairmemory.com. In the meantime, your friend may just need to configure the system manually when using four modules on his motherboard. Can you tell me what type of motherboard and CPU he is using?

You would need to contact our customer service to find out what options would be available for an RMA. You can reach them, at 888-222-4346 and dial "0", (510) 657-8747 or email rmaservice@corsairmemory.com. In the meantime, your friend may just need to configure the system manually when using four modules on his motherboard. Can you tell me what type of motherboard and CPU he is using?

He was using an MSI P6N SLI Platinum (650i) but he just replaced it with an EVGA 780i. His CPU is an Intel Q6600. He ran memtest and two of his DIMMS had errors.

• Corsair Employees
If you had the memory voltage set to 2.1 volts and you tested the modules one at a time in the same slot on the board and two fail and two pass, then lets get the set replaced! Please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

• 5 weeks later...

Archived