Corsair Community

VS512MB400C3 settings?

iddobrin

RAM GUY, Would you be able to provide the voltage, speed and frequency for my configuration (please see below)? Currently, I am getting intermitent blue screens on Windows XP Professional (memory access related) with BIOS set to Auto. [B]RAM[/B] 2 x VS512MB400C3 [B]Motherboard:[/B] ASUS P4R800-V Deluxe Specifications: Supported CPU: Socket 478 Intel Pentium 4(Hyper-Threading)/Celeron Processors Chipset: ATI RADEON 9100 IGP + IXP150 FSB: 800/533/400MHz RAM: 4x DIMM for Dual-Channel DDR400/333/266 Max 4GB IDE: 2x ATA 133(RAID 0/1/0+1), 2x ATA 100 up to 8 Devices Slots: 1x AGP 8X, 5x PCI Ports: 2xPS2,1xLPT,1xVGA,1xTV-Out,6xUSB2.0(Rear 4),1xIEEE1394,1xLAN,SPDIF Out,Audio Ports Onboard Audio: AD1888 SoundMAX 6-Channel Audio Onboard Video: ATI RADEON 9100 IGP 3D Graphics Onboard LAN: Marvell GbE Onboard SATA/RAID: 2x Serial ATA, RAID 0/1/0+1 [B]CPU: [/B] Model: Intel Pentium 4 2.8E w/ Hyper Threading Core: Prescott Operating Frequency: 2.8GHz FSB: 800MHz Cache: L1/12K+16K; L2/1MB Voltage: 1.25-1.525V Process: 0.09Micron Socket: Socket 478 Thanks. __________________ :(:

• Corsair Employees
I would set the timings to Cass 2.5-3-3-8 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.75 Volts. Then please test them one at a time with [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] and lets make sure one is not failing. In addition, this MB may not run at DDR400 with more than 2 banks, Please try setting the memory frequency at DDR333 as well if you still have problems!

• 11 months later...
Hello, I also have the P4R-800 V Deluxe MB and was previously using a single 512 chip and everything was fine. I just added another 512 of the same chip and the system does not boot and i get the message that "System CPU Test fail". Once i remove the second chip everything works fine. I also used the new chip by itself to rule out it being defective. I also tried changing the speed to 333 and voltage down to 2.7 with no success. Any advice? Thanks

I had tons of problems with this mobo so I finally caved in and bought the recommended ram from the asus web page I still have my VS512MB400 but the two of them are just going to have to sit and wait for another computer. (I will keep them I have had great success with corsair in the past and I am sure they will work fine in the next mobo I get that is why I am holding on to them) Unfortunatly the P4RV800-v deluxe is just way to picky so I picked up 2 Kingston (KVR400X64C3A/512) (hope saying that isnt against the rules) for like exactly the same price and now the board works flawlessly. someone let me know if they ever found stable settings to run those VS512MB400 in dual-channel DDR400 on this MOBO -Luther

• Corsair Employees
More than likely its because the modules were purchased at different times. We can try replacing them both if you like. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

• 2 weeks later...
Hello, I received my modules yesterday. That was a quick turnaround. They work great! I installed them and the PC booted perfectly. Is there any additional settings that I can make to optimize performance? Here are my hardware stats: MB: Asus PR400V Deluxe CPU: P4 2.8ghz Mem: 2 x VS512MB400C3 Thanks Again for your help.

Archived