Corsair Community

A7n8x with new stick of 3200 XMS c2 doesn't work

stauffec

I've been using 1 stick of 256mb xms 3200 c2 for a while with my asus a7n8x board with a 2200 AMD Athlon XP, and its worked fine, so i bought another one. Now some of the games I'm running seem to just crash out to the desktop when I run them. Things I've done to try and remedy: 1. Moved memory to another slot 2. Updated to latest bios 3. Changed the memory settings in BIOS from "Use SPD" to "Use Auto" 4. Ran memtest86 for a couple hours, and after a couple passes, there were no errors. Anyone see this problem? Anyone have a next step for me to try?

Ok...i think i got it fixed - i put just the bad stick in, and it still wasn't working right...so i played around with the settings, and got 2-2-3-6 to work...and then put the other one back in, and it seems ok now....super...the frightening thing is, i can't believe what a difference this made to BF:Vietnam...it went from just being able to have the graphics set all to low with no special effects, to being able to set everything to ultra high...what a proof how important plenty of memory is. If i run into any other troubles i'll try CMC_SAVAGE's settings.

Archived