Corsair Community

TX 750 clicking sound?

eklitz

Today i heard a strange clicking sound coming from my computer. I found out that it was from my psu, which is a corsair tx 750. I turned it of quickly to prevent any damage, and turned it back on again to check if it was still there. I think the sound is coming from the fan. The psu is mounted upside down in an antec performance one. I don't really want to open my psu beacuse of the warranty i have. The pc is almost new, used it 3 weeks max, and very little too.

I hope that someone can help, and sorry for my bad english!

• Corsair Employees

There will be four fan screws holding the fan in place and you can access these screws from the bottom of the PSU. I would recommend loosening the screws about a 1/4 turn and see if the noise improves. The noise itself would not indicate any risk of damaging any components, however if the noise is loud enough to be bothersome, then lets get it replaced!

You can use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

Hey i have a clicking tx750 as well. Just out of interest does the click sound similar to a hard drive seek. Also, have you noticed that if you leave the psu off for about 15 mins that the clicking wont be present when you first power up again? I dont think its coming from the fan (at least in my case - i took the guard off completely and the fan is definately not catching on anything).

• Corsair Employees
Hey i have a clicking tx750 as well. Just out of interest does the click sound similar to a hard drive seek. Also, have you noticed that if you leave the psu off for about 15 mins that the clicking wont be present when you first power up again? I dont think its coming from the fan (at least in my case - i took the guard off completely and the fan is definately not catching on anything).

Does the PSU click while the system is idle? Does the sound get loud enough to where you can hear it while you are using the system, or do you need to listen for it?

I have the same problem. Well, I'd describe it to be more of a beeping sounds, not a clicking sound, so don't think it is the fan. Brand new PSU. Just installed yesterday because my old 620Watt one died after 2.5years. System is used as a server so it is on 24/7. On first power up, no clicking noise, only 5 to 10 minutes into uptime.

Here are my system specs:

LianLi Big Tower case (4x 120mm fans / 2x 80mm fans)

P4 3.0GHz Prescott

2GB Corsair RAM

10x Harddrives (6x Sata / 4x Pata)

System is usually at idle as it is mainly a file "server". HDD temps vary from 35°C to 45°C and CPU is usually at 37°C.

Is there an update to this beeping sound issue? If this is normal then I will need to replace it as it is way too loud. It actually almost sounds like an audible alarm or something.

Best regards, Renato

• 2 weeks later...
Does the PSU click while the system is idle? Does the sound get loud enough to where you can hear it while you are using the system, or do you need to listen for it?

Sorry for slow response - xmas and all that... - yeah it is loud enough to hear over everything. Partly due to my case amplifying it (aluminium), but even when i pull the psu entirely out it still clicks notably.

Think i was wrong about it not being the fan - when i power off the clicking slows down perfectly in time with the fan. But i've double checked and nothing seems to be catching. (not gonna open it to get a better view)

• Corsair Employees
Sorry for slow response - xmas and all that... - yeah it is loud enough to hear over everything. Partly due to my case amplifying it (aluminium), but even when i pull the psu entirely out it still clicks notably.

Think i was wrong about it not being the fan - when i power off the clicking slows down perfectly in time with the fan. But i've double checked and nothing seems to be catching. (not gonna open it to get a better view)

Let's get it replaced, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

• Corsair Employees
I have the same problem. Well, I'd describe it to be more of a beeping sounds, not a clicking sound, so don't think it is the fan. Brand new PSU. Just installed yesterday because my old 620Watt one died after 2.5years. System is used as a server so it is on 24/7. On first power up, no clicking noise, only 5 to 10 minutes into uptime.

Here are my system specs:

LianLi Big Tower case (4x 120mm fans / 2x 80mm fans)

P4 3.0GHz Prescott

2GB Corsair RAM

10x Harddrives (6x Sata / 4x Pata)

System is usually at idle as it is mainly a file "server". HDD temps vary from 35°C to 45°C and CPU is usually at 37°C.

Is there an update to this beeping sound issue? If this is normal then I will need to replace it as it is way too loud. It actually almost sounds like an audible alarm or something.

Best regards, Renato

I would suggest testing the unit in a different system to see if the sound follows the PSU. If the noise still comes from the PSU then lets get it replaced. You can use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

• 2 weeks later...
I just got a 750TX and it clicks also. What's up with the fans? Bad bearings? Tachometer? It's not rubbing against the grille or sides. I turn it upside down and the clicking goes away. Sideways has less noise but is still audible.

Archived