Corsair Community

8gb voyager gt dead and confused about current offerings

dlevens

I am very frustrated at how difficult it is to find out about the current performance numbers of the corsair flash drives. I had to do some digging just to find out that the GT line is dead and eventually found this post

http://www.asktheramguy.com/v3/showthread.php?t=67674

And even that post is not clear, I read it several times because first you say you discontinued the GT line, then you say you have a MLC GT. So why was this so hard to find? You should be more clear, something like the SLC GTs are discontinued, and are now replaced by the SLC GTs and these are the numbers for read and write you can expect.

To make things worse, there is confusion around GT MLC and what sizes and performance you can expect. Is the 16 gb GT MLC the fastest you offer? IS it the 64gb voyager non GT? Why is this info so hard to find something as simple as what is the fastest flash drive you make as of today? Is there a document, link, website that lists your current offerings and what speed the read and write at?

My favorite old school 8gb GT based on the fast SLC chips just died. If I RMA this drive will I get an SLC in return?

Dennis

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry as we do not publish performance spec's on our flash products and the "GT" Line of Flash Drives have been discontinued. We may re-release them in the future when controller speeds get better but at this time there is just nothing on the market that we can get in volume and is reasonable to build a faster drive.

@wired

your right the thread is not that hard to find (for us) but we are familiar with forums and posts. This type of info should be on the flash voyager page

http://corsair.com/products/voyager/default.aspx

Even for me I was just hitting the home page to see what the latest offerings were since my voyager GT 8gb just died. And by that page there are pictures of the GT line and also part numbers of the GT line. But yet the GT line is discontinued.

And even if corsair does not want to publish their performance numbers (why not?) then at least make it clear which product is your fastest drive made today. I am still waiting for this answer, I have heard many answers to this, some say the blue and black 64gb voyager is the fastest read and write you can buy from corsair as of today.

And please clear this up, you keep saying the GT line is discontinued, but then you say in the sticky post about the SLC MLC stuff that the GT line is in fact up and running and there is a 16gb MLC GT now? So which is it? IS the GT line discontinued including the newer MLC stuff? And if this is true, then why do you still list the part numbers for GT on your website, and why do you still show the pictures of them on your product pages?

! What will happen if I RMA my dead 8gb GT voyager? Will I get it replaced with the same SLC chips or are your replacements gone as well?

Dennis

• Corsair Employees

Dennis

I have already explained this we no longer make any drives using SLC technology and if you have an 8 Gig GT drive that has failed we will be happy to replace it but most likely not with the same drive. And I do not know what our customer service would offer you I would suggest getting the RMA number then then call in and ask them what the replacement options would be. You can call them at 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 Ext "0"

• 3 weeks later...

I had assumed that the CMFUSB2.0-16GBGT was still available since it is still listed on the web site. I assumed from the other posts, that the smaller faster units were discontinued because Corsair could no longer purchase the parts.

I will now assume, from the comment in this thread, that all parts that end with GT are discontinued and that no other product that might have better performance than any other flash drive (and that I should stop trying to find a place that can sell me one).

That said, some of the numbers that I see seem to indicate that the standard Voyager series is still pretty fast... Hmmm. <sigh>.

Archived