Corsair Community

4 gigs of DOA Dominator

Rhoyd

Note title says 4 gigs, but I have 5 gigs sry one was hiding:

I have 5, 1 gig sticks of CM2X1024-8500C5D that appears to be completely dead. They have gone down in machines out in the field and were replaced by a new pair of identical Corsair sticks. No combination of single stick on slot0 or multiple in different slots yeilds anything, no post nothing. The motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-G33m-DSR2, although like I said above I do not think its a mboard and or BIOS/timing issue because they were replaced in the field with identical RAM units, and yes the indentical memory (different Corsair DOMINATORS) works in our testbed system (which was thrown together actually to test this memory)with default mboard values, proc is a Core 2 duo 2200Mhz, HD's are 2 WD Caviar's in mirror with xp pro 32bit. The exact timing of each system because they are different would be very difficult to procure, but could be done if neccessary. Of course, any diagnostic app is of no use to me at this point.

thanks

• Corsair Employees

Let's get them replaced, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

With these modules you will want to make sure that you have the memory voltage set manually to 2.1 volts. Running them at the default voltage may not be stable in some cases. Also, we will want to get the modules replaced as pairs to ensure that there are no compatibility issues with a replacement.

If you have more than 4 modules that need to be replaced, then I would suggest that you contact our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0", (510) 657-8747 or email rmaservice@corsairmemory.com and they should be able to set up a single RMA for all the parts that need to be replaced.

Archived