Corsair Community

4 bit or 8 bit?

skyer

I just built my computer that I bought piece by piece with my hard earned money. I spend good cash on 1GB on the VS1GBKIT400 "Value select" (I know how cheap) memory and fired up my system...... to my surprise, my fantastic sy-ck8 soyo dragon plus mobo only detects half of that...... I already went to the soyo web page and looked around for a good reason for this to happen. They explained that they only support the 8 bit ram and that if I have 4 bit ram it will only see half of it..... Well, what do I have? 4 bit? or 8 bit? here's the link to the forementioned page. [url]http://www.soyousa.com/kb/kbdesc.php?id=122[/url] please do answer me promptly before RAM dimms fly out of window :P

• Corsair Employees
All of our Value Select at this time are based on By 8 IC's. So these should work, as long as your MB will see 512 Meg modules. And according to the Spec sheet, this is Nforce3-150. So there should be no problems with these modules. I would suggest that you test the modules one at a time with [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] and lets make sure one is not failing. In addition, if they both pass one up, I would try them in slots 1-3 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and please make sure that you have the latest bios as well. If you do find you have a bad module, please follow the link in my signature and we will be happy to exchange the failing module!

Archived